Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am fixing to buy a Tikka T3 hunter in .30-06 and I need to know if anybody has had any problems with them as far as recoil and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am fixing to buy a Tikka T3 hunter in .30-06 and I need to know if anybody has had any problems with them as far as recoil and

I am fixing to buy a Tikka T3 hunter in .30-06 and I need to know if anybody has had any problems with them as far as recoil and accuracy. -The Kid

I have the Tikka T3 Lite Hunter in 270 W. It is on the light side with plain wood but it is a tack driver. The recoil is what you would expect from a light gun, stout but manageable. To me the recoil of 30-06 compared to .270 W is about the same. Tikka T3's are very good rifles, I recommend that you get it. Sarge or one of the other gus on here has a Tikka in 30-06, they could probably answer your question better.

Comment

I have Tikka T3's now and have had them in several calibers both standard and magnum. I usually put a Simms Limb Saver recoil pad on mine to dampen the recoil. The accuracy has been outstanding on the 8 I have had except for a 7MM-08. I recommend them to anyone that wants a fine shooting rifle at an affordable price.

Comment

Three members of my Hunt Club have Tikka T3s,Two in 7mm-08R One in 243W..All work with NO Trouble they all Shoot 1"groups.

Comment

The Tikka T3 is an outstanding rifle in its price class. I've never seen anything but accurate T3s and think you can count on that. The Hunter version is a great hunting rifle exhibiting real wood for a change and should stand you in good stead for a lifetime. On a recent prairie dog hunt, about ten of us brough several highly accurate custom rifles for the shoot. They all shot at least .25 MOA. The most accurate rifle of the bunch was a stock Tikka T3 in .243 with nicely tuned 58g Hornady V-Maxs. Your 30-06 recoil should be as manageable in that rifle as a 30-06 can be. If you shoot it a lot, and the recoil bothers you, consider using a smaller bullet like the 130g or even the 110g. I shoot a lot of 110s for varmint hunting and for target practice and then move up to a regular bullet for the one deer shot of the year. I'm using hot 175g Barnes LRXs for elk and even they are not that bad on recoil.

Comment

Sort of odd that it has a 1:11 twist rate. Most other 30-06 rifles have a 1:10 twist rate. Not sure what the weight of the rifle is but if it is more than 7.5 pounds scoped, recoil should not be an issue for most.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad