Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sittn on couch w my ar n 1911 watchn fast n furious...the use of firearms is rediculous in this movie. Do you find it difficult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sittn on couch w my ar n 1911 watchn fast n furious...the use of firearms is rediculous in this movie. Do you find it difficult

Sittn on couch w my ar n 1911 watchn fast n furious...the use of firearms is rediculous in this movie. Do you find it difficult to watch some movies where there isblatent mishandlng and exageration of firearms?

It bothers me just a little bit, but normally its something we over look until we see other people misusing them. Then you have to wonder did they learn that from those movies?

Comment

It bothers me just a little bit, but normally its something we over look until we see other people misusing them. Then you have to wonder did they learn that from those movies?

Comment

It's like anything else and nothing new. It compares to Ethnic or Regional restaurants that claim a certain cuisine. In reality they come no where near to people that know the difference. It is there to entertain and not a documentary. I'm still looking for a pistol that will blow up a car with one shot. Maybe if I hold the gun on it's side?

Comment

I don't worry about it a bit. I was raised on it! When I was a kid, Wiley Coyote got nothing but a black face when he was blasted in the face with both barrels of a shotgun. Since Elmer Fudd, Hollywood has used fewer cartoons but equal amounts of exageration. Judging from the box office rankings, it hasn't deturred many of us from viewing.

Comment

Carl - Most Hollywood (100 round) pistols will blow up a car with one shot if they shoot sparking bullets.
            I think the gun handling was even worse in the old black and white movie days. The good guys walked around with their revolver hammers back for single action shooting and their fingers on the trigger. Then when they turned to speak to one another, the muzzles followed their eyes and the stood face to face and muzzle to belly button.

Comment

What bothers me is when people in responsible positions try to make reference to, or an analogy to, something that happened on T.V. or the big screen.
              I have seen politicians, Law Enforcement, lawyers, reporters, talking heads, civic leaders, everybody, making reference to something that is fiction and purely entertainment. This is very scary to me. And since when do Hollywood stars or athletes become experts in anything, except maybe drugs? Where are these individuals minds?
              How do these people get in these positions and distance themselves so far from reality?

Comment

I think the real question here is why you have your AR and 1911 at your side while watching a movie.

Comment

Ditto, Jay! I don't sit around playing with my guns while watching TV. Gad, talk about a bad example for my kids! My late wife was a wonderfully tolerant person but she would have tossed my can out on the street for a stunt like that.

Comment

Jay, that was my first thought after reading his comment!

Comment

YES! I was watching a movie and this guy was going to buy a gun. The gun dealer showed him a pistol said it was a Beretta PX4 sub-compact pistol. The gun was actually a Beretta 92fs full size, not a sub-compact, pistol! I hate Hollyweird.
                      -The Kid

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to When will the COVID-19 pandemic end?
                        by rock rat
                        The pandemic will end when active cases drop to a low enough point that there is no longer community spread. Virus won't be gone, but the pandemic will...
                        Today, 07:23 AM
                      • When will the COVID-19 pandemic end?
                        by FirstBubba
                        November 4, 2020
                        08-13-2020, 11:25 PM
                      • Reply to Crickets !!
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        Rock, I agree with some of your points, however I read nothing in your words that gave a sound approach to ‘getting’ our diverse population on the...
                        Today, 07:01 AM
                      • Crickets !!
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        Some time ago, I asked our liberal/progressive ‘friends’ on the site to give just one item on the D’s agenda that would benefit the American people...
                        08-13-2020, 05:27 PM
                      • Reply to Crickets !!
                        by Pmacc60
                        To compare the society’s of China , Singapore and Taiwan to the US is pointless! Completely different cultures, it is darn near impossible to have a...
                        Today, 06:14 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X