Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a good idea to buy a gun from a gun show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Yes and I bought plenty of them.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I don't see anything wrong with it and it's a good place to buy your gun from there!!!

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    I don't like to just because you do not know how the used guns were treated. Even if you get a new gun, unless it is a local dealer, you will not be able to return the gun if there is something wrong with it.

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    Best place to shop for a gun that you're specificaly looking for.

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied
    Best place to shop for a gun that you're specificaly looking for.

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    You take the same risks at a gun show that you take buying any used gun from someone you don't know. Most people at gun shows are caring and customer oriented but some will try to pass off junk too. I'd say its less than 5% but I have seen a few, and mostly they are the guys that are pushing AKs, Cheap shotguns and just off the wall stuff. Most of the guys with tables full of Brownings and nice guns aren't going to screw you because the do repeat business either at their house or store. the "Army Surplus tables are the ones to beware of. Buyer beware but usually you'll be alright 95% of the time. See if the guy owns a store or shop near you (usually has an address on Bill of Sale) and buy local if you can.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Bowers
    replied
    Well, usually it is.
    First, find out if the dealer is near you or from Egypt. I try to buy from people as near as possible in case there's an issue. Especially at the big shows, there are people you could never find again.

That said, be sure to inspect anything you buy with a microscope. I've been lucky all my life, but I was at a show where my friend ended up with a bent barrel on a rifle. It was days before he discovered it, and ended up it not being worth all he would have had to go through for the out-of-state dealer.

But following all that, you can find some amazing deals. And always have some hot dogs while there.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Often the best place to get the best prices...

Leave a comment:

• Christian Emter
    replied
    Definatly you can get good prices. My traded for two 17's and they work like a charm.

Leave a comment:

• kolbster
    replied
    yes, it is a great idea. i have bought lots of guns from shows.

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    I have bought s few guns at gun shows and have been quite happy with them. I like to go on the last day because most of them don't want to take home any more guns than they have too, so you can usually get a pretty good deal.

Leave a comment:

• kjflorian
    replied
    Exactly, just know what your looking for and go prepared. Know price ranges, etc...other than that you should get a good buy.

Leave a comment:

• herbie57_57
    replied
    Like the other 2 guys said its not a bad idea. Just make sure that everything looks operational on the gun, I've seen some pretty beat up guns at gun shows so just be careful.

Leave a comment:

• T
    replied
    I don't see why it wouldn't be. Like usmc said you'll be able to get some history about the gun too.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to South Dakota leads the way.
    by 99explorer
    I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly.
    Dr. Fauci says we are still learning about this virus.
    Perhaps he could benefit from a conference
    Today, 01:44 AM
  • South Dakota leads the way.
    by labrador12
    South Dakota didn't lock down. South Dakota continued with open schools. South Dakota even held the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. South Dakota maintained...
    02-27-2021, 07:10 PM
    by PigHunter
    There you go again, assuming. There wasn't widespread testing for Covid in February 2020. But I've had six negative tests over the last 7 months, done...
    Today, 01:32 AM
    by 99explorer
    I am assuming that you never tested positive for the virus, which is a flaw in your analysis.
    Today, 01:20 AM
    by PigHunter
    You assume too much about the motives of others. Maybe you should just keep quiet so people wouldn't see you as an idiot....
    Today, 01:11 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X