Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a good idea to buy a gun from a gun show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a good idea to buy a gun from a gun show?

Is it a good idea to buy a gun from a gun show?

Of course it is a good idea to buy from a gun show. You do not have to worry about it being stole property and they will be able to tell you alot about the gun and the company.

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't be. Like usmc said you'll be able to get some history about the gun too.

Comment

Like the other 2 guys said its not a bad idea. Just make sure that everything looks operational on the gun, I've seen some pretty beat up guns at gun shows so just be careful.

Comment

Exactly, just know what your looking for and go prepared. Know price ranges, etc...other than that you should get a good buy.

Comment

I have bought s few guns at gun shows and have been quite happy with them. I like to go on the last day because most of them don't want to take home any more guns than they have too, so you can usually get a pretty good deal.

Comment

yes, it is a great idea. i have bought lots of guns from shows.

Comment

Definatly you can get good prices. My traded for two 17's and they work like a charm.

Comment

Often the best place to get the best prices...

Comment

Well, usually it is.
                    First, find out if the dealer is near you or from Egypt. I try to buy from people as near as possible in case there's an issue. Especially at the big shows, there are people you could never find again.

That said, be sure to inspect anything you buy with a microscope. I've been lucky all my life, but I was at a show where my friend ended up with a bent barrel on a rifle. It was days before he discovered it, and ended up it not being worth all he would have had to go through for the out-of-state dealer.

But following all that, you can find some amazing deals. And always have some hot dogs while there.

Comment

You take the same risks at a gun show that you take buying any used gun from someone you don't know. Most people at gun shows are caring and customer oriented but some will try to pass off junk too. I'd say its less than 5% but I have seen a few, and mostly they are the guys that are pushing AKs, Cheap shotguns and just off the wall stuff. Most of the guys with tables full of Brownings and nice guns aren't going to screw you because the do repeat business either at their house or store. the "Army Surplus tables are the ones to beware of. Buyer beware but usually you'll be alright 95% of the time. See if the guy owns a store or shop near you (usually has an address on Bill of Sale) and buy local if you can.

Comment

Best place to shop for a gun that you're specificaly looking for.

Comment

Best place to shop for a gun that you're specificaly looking for.

Comment

I don't like to just because you do not know how the used guns were treated. Even if you get a new gun, unless it is a local dealer, you will not be able to return the gun if there is something wrong with it.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with it and it's a good place to buy your gun from there!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad