Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im looking for a good Hunting scope at a Reasonable price For a .308 I already have a cheap one but want something better. Any I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im looking for a good Hunting scope at a Reasonable price For a .308 I already have a cheap one but want something better. Any I

Im looking for a good Hunting scope at a Reasonable price For a .308 I already have a cheap one but want something better. Any Ideas...

Hawke Optics. Check them out.

Comment

Ditto Treestand

Comment

just got a nikon buckmaster. cost me under 200. i think it is great. has bdc. you can save a few bucks and get one without it. but its a great scope for the money and wont break the bank

Comment

I would recommend a Burris Fullfield or E1, Zeiss Conquest, or Leupold VX-2 as a moderate priced scope that you won't feel the need to replace anytime soon.

Comment

I would choose a fixed power such as 4X for sake of further economy, and because there is almost no real need for variable power in deer hunting.
            And if you can find a good name used one, like at a gun show, all the better.

Comment

I agree with Treestand's enthusiastic recommendation of Leupold and Redfield. I have two Redfield 3-9x scopes and I very pleased. I own at least two Leupolds, and they have been subjected to extreme temperatures and some unintentional abuse without a problem. Redfields are more affordable and, in my opinion, a bargain. Leupolds understandable cost a bit more.

Comment

Another option is to look for a used Leupold. All their Gold Ring (VX-II and higher) scopes carry an amazing lifetime warranty, even if you are not the original owner. So even if you buy one and find its a lemon, they will make it right.

I used to work the optics/gun counter at a big box sporting goods store and once had a customer come in with a story about Leupold's customer service. I had sold him a Leupold scope a few weeks prior to go with his big bear rifle (I forget the caliber, but it was .375+). He went home to mount the scope himself. When he came back, he told me that he had screwed up majorly. He got the bases set and tightened down with locktite, and even made sure to let it set, be when he mounted the scope itself, he somehow forgot to tighten down the rings. As a result, the poor scope bounced back and forth in the rings as he tried to sight the rifle in. As you would guess, this destroyed the scope. Eventually, he realized his mistake and called Leupold. He was honest and wanted to see if they could repair the scope for less than the cost of a new one. Leupold's reply was "You can't break it." They told him it to send it in, and they would give him a brand new scope for free.

That is why they cost a little more.

Comment

SWFA Super Sniper, I know this is not a hunting scope, but it is good. it has turrets and everything. It was also a military scope. There are people that shoot 1200 yards with this thing, and, while you shouldn't be shooting deer that far away, If you go on an exotic hunting trip, your scope goes above and beyond what you could do with your rifle.

Comment

For a rock solid and highly accurate hunting scope, you can't go wrong with Leupold. A 2.5-10x or 3-9 will work well. I'd suggest a VXII or better if you can afford it. The best scope for the price is the Vortex Diamondback or the Vortex Viper... both great scopes for hunting. Bigger field of view than competitors, better clarity and top notch accuracy/reliability. Nobody beats Vortex in their price range. The Viper is on par with the Leupold VXIII. The Leupolds and Vortexs have the best warranties in the industry too so you have a great scope for a lifetime when you buy one of them. This not only keeps you hunting but helps your resale value should you decide to upgrade at some future date.

Comment

Midway USA has a Burris 3.5X10 on sale for $200.

Was $350. It has five stars for reviews.

Comment

Leupold VX-1 or VX-2

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad