Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Huber
    replied
    99, Jim; I have to agree PC has eroded common sense in today' society. Going back to the Bernie Geotz trial the majority of the juror's were inner city minorities. They knew exactly what those "fine young men" were up to. Had they been uptown liberals Bernie would still be in jail.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I remember a police shoot out near the empire state building where some by-standers were shot, even though the police use bullets that are not suppose to ricochet.
    I only carry at camp where I am on my own, on the fringe of cell service, and a mile to a neighbor.
    A retired LEO friend does not even carry his gun at all.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Carl - I think your wife was guilty of profiling those two customers wearing ski masks when they approached the bank. Everybody does it!
    I once saw a N.Y.C. taxi driver interviewed on TV. He said he was guilty of "rational discrimination."
    He explained that he had no problem picking up a black businessman with a briefcase after dark, but not two black teenagers who wanted a ride to Harlem, the black neighborhood in N.Y.C.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    I would like to chime in on how useful carrying a firearm in real world NYC would be . Most people view a gun fight like the movie High Noon. Two guys facing each other. Everybody off the street. Nothing could be further from the truth.I was involved in one and witnessed two. My wife a Bank Officer was involved with one. Another was a good friend of ours a moon lighting LEO as Bank Teller is a third.
    My experience took place on a crowded Harlem street corner, in the day light, on a blazing hot day. Two gentlemen approached with an Umbrella [odd no doubt]. In the Umbrella was a shotgun. My helper threw up his hands on the crowded street. To which one of the gentlemen responded "what the F$ck you think this is a Stage Coach Robbery give us your wallets".

My wifes was similar. Sitting at her desk she noticed two customers approach wearing Ski Masks in August. She pulled the alarm before they entered the bank. The put a SxS in her face. She later recounted that the SxS went into a single barrel. They left with less money than had they robbed a Chinese Take Out. PS; It is bank policy to allow robbers to leave and not harm customers.

The third did not go so well. The robber entered in disguise. He was later shown to be a crack head. Shot a teller. Our friend an Anti Crime Officer not a shrinking violet returned fire. Killing the robber. The robber's bullet had hit our friends femrol artery and killing him first. But not as fast.

That is my read on carrying a pistol in NY. If you think it's ten paces turn and fire it's not. They will catch you unaware. If you think any amount of training & experiance will keep you from harm. Not so much. Then there is the Civil Ramification of fireing a bullet on a crowded street and hitting an inocent child. I do not think anyone here carries that much money in his wallet. JMHO on carrying that Iron Teddy Bear.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    99, Bernard Goetz got off free on the self defense charge. I should of clarified that in my earlier comment.

Carrying the gun charge nobody can get off free. Remember, it is New York City the anti gun capital of the world.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    U.S. Attorney General is going to try and trump up some civil rights, racist charges that Zimmerman acted on. He should check first to see who Zimmerman took as his date to his senior prom - she was a black woman.
    Good luck with that one Holder. What an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• bayouwoof
    replied
    GERG -

Thanky, Thanky!

Leave a comment:

• GERG
    replied
    Blackdawgz,Blackdawgz,Blackdawgz, welcome back!

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Well this post certainly brought out a bunch of American Microcosms. My read on this is nothing more than some people feel that carrying that "Iron Teddy Bear" will suffice. Much the same as a neck tattoo or a shaved head. Zimmerman being the poster boy for that. What most people do not realize if not all is that some people don't think they will ever have the nerve to use it. Like Travon and call their bluff.. A short story. An old lady got in the NY news the other day. She was stepping out on a crowded NY street to grab a smoke. Two gentlemen of color stepped up and put a gun to her head and demanded all she had. In her middle European Accent she replied "she didn't have anything and you don't have the balls to use that gun". To which is accomplice said shoot her. Just then her girl friend came out and they fled. Our Police Commissioner publicly admired her nerve but said it was foolish. That's what happened to Zimmerman; only the Old Lady started to beat him up.

Leave a comment:

• bayouwoof
    replied
    They only exclude blacks, so it's kinda automatic.

Gotta git anudda Harley.

Hawgz & 'Dawgz.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

Leave a comment:

• bayouwoof
    replied
    Tree -

Reckon we're getting into the "Last Days."

The world is dividing along racial lines and Violence is The Answer.

Of course, the Panthers (new or old) are heavily into domestic terrorism.

Seems like, in the not-too distant past, they established an armed presence at a voting place and got not even a slap on the wrist.

Churches and non-profits are generally eligible for Federal funding, and their books are inscrutable.

I'll bet the NAACP and The Panthers are Federally Funded.

What's a White Boy to do?

Let's see...

Whose members stick together and their colors never run?

Loyal and fight to the death?

Hmmm...

Ah started mah technical carer as a murdersickle maniac.

Might go out thet way.

Nothing left for it butt to join the Hey Y'alls Angels!!!

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Sometimes it's a stretch, but I try to see both sides of an argument.
    Look at it like this: If Zimmerman had ignored Martin, none of this would have happened. If Zimmerman had reported Martin to the police as a suspicious character and then went about his business, ditto. But he took his role as neighborhood watch captain more seriously and followed Martin too closely.
    So the protestors claim that the altercation was all Zimmerman's "fault," although he did nothing unlawful.
    But by putting up a fight, Martin assumed a major part of the responsibility for the outcome.
    Dr. Baden seems to feel that Zimmerman should have take his beating like a man and refrained from the use of deadly force.
    So I am sympathetic to some of the complaints of the protestors, but in the final analysis, I blame the one who violated the law by initiating the violence and suffered the consequences.
    Zimmerman had no motive to shoot a "suspicious character" other than self-defense.
    Gary, Bernard Goetz served about 9 months of a one-year sentence and did not get off free.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    By The Way,
    If the Zimmerman case took place in New York City he wouldn't be a free man, today. He would go on to prison just for carrying the handgun.

Zimmerman better pray to God that the shooting took place in Florida!

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    99explorer, Bernard Goetz the “Subway Vigilante” happen in December 1984. He got off free because the news media and the public supported him one hundred percent.

Now, you look at the case twenty five years later, in September 2009 the New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress in a New York City night club got prison time for carrying a gun that accidentally shot his own leg.

As time goes on, the New York City gun laws get stricter and worst.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    All this B/S**t is not over..They looking to put Fed-Charges on him? This sounds like Revenge not Justis....all this started by the New Black Panthers!

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad