No announcement yet.

Zimmerman - Not Guilty 10:00PM, 7/13/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99, Bernard Goetz got off free on the self defense charge. I should of clarified that in my earlier comment.

Carrying the gun charge nobody can get off free. Remember, it is New York City the anti gun capital of the world.

Comment

I would like to chime in on how useful carrying a firearm in real world NYC would be . Most people view a gun fight like the movie High Noon. Two guys facing each other. Everybody off the street. Nothing could be further from the truth.I was involved in one and witnessed two. My wife a Bank Officer was involved with one. Another was a good friend of ours a moon lighting LEO as Bank Teller is a third.
      My experience took place on a crowded Harlem street corner, in the day light, on a blazing hot day. Two gentlemen approached with an Umbrella [odd no doubt]. In the Umbrella was a shotgun. My helper threw up his hands on the crowded street. To which one of the gentlemen responded "what the F$ck you think this is a Stage Coach Robbery give us your wallets".

My wifes was similar. Sitting at her desk she noticed two customers approach wearing Ski Masks in August. She pulled the alarm before they entered the bank. The put a SxS in her face. She later recounted that the SxS went into a single barrel. They left with less money than had they robbed a Chinese Take Out. PS; It is bank policy to allow robbers to leave and not harm customers.

The third did not go so well. The robber entered in disguise. He was later shown to be a crack head. Shot a teller. Our friend an Anti Crime Officer not a shrinking violet returned fire. Killing the robber. The robber's bullet had hit our friends femrol artery and killing him first. But not as fast.

That is my read on carrying a pistol in NY. If you think it's ten paces turn and fire it's not. They will catch you unaware. If you think any amount of training & experiance will keep you from harm. Not so much. Then there is the Civil Ramification of fireing a bullet on a crowded street and hitting an inocent child. I do not think anyone here carries that much money in his wallet. JMHO on carrying that Iron Teddy Bear.

Comment

Carl - I think your wife was guilty of profiling those two customers wearing ski masks when they approached the bank. Everybody does it!
        I once saw a N.Y.C. taxi driver interviewed on TV. He said he was guilty of "rational discrimination."
        He explained that he had no problem picking up a black businessman with a briefcase after dark, but not two black teenagers who wanted a ride to Harlem, the black neighborhood in N.Y.C.

Comment

I remember a police shoot out near the empire state building where some by-standers were shot, even though the police use bullets that are not suppose to ricochet.
          I only carry at camp where I am on my own, on the fringe of cell service, and a mile to a neighbor.
          A retired LEO friend does not even carry his gun at all.

Comment

99, Jim; I have to agree PC has eroded common sense in today' society. Going back to the Bernie Geotz trial the majority of the juror's were inner city minorities. They knew exactly what those "fine young men" were up to. Had they been uptown liberals Bernie would still be in jail.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad