Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's almost too late in the season but how about we see some varmint rifles in the next Gunfight Friday? I don't have one mysel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's almost too late in the season but how about we see some varmint rifles in the next Gunfight Friday? I don't have one mysel

It's almost too late in the season but how about we see some varmint rifles in the next Gunfight Friday? I don't have one myself but I'd sure like to see some discussion, especially on caliber and velocities, etc.

Send in your pics and stories guys.

Comment

Ontario,
      Stick that suggestion under Enfield vs Springfield, not sure they will see it here.

Comment

I'd be very pleased to see a greater focus on varminting! Most of my rifles are .22 centerfire rifles specifically for small game and pest control.

Comment

Where are all the varmint hunters?

Comment

I have photos in my profile of my Remington 700
            22-250 (left hand) with Burris 6X24 scope. Plus two targets, black/white as i was breaking in the barrel and the red one after I worked up my load.

Comment

Sorry all for the triple post. No idea why. It took about a half hour to complete posting and three finally occurred.

Comment

Looks like the admin cleaned out my triple post. I spent about half an hour composing a semi-lucid comment. I too would like to see some varmint rifle discussion. I really enjoy shooting all those fast, flat shooting little buggers. I keep changing my mind on what I like best. The 25-06 is still my all around varmint king for p-dogs to coyotes giving me much more range than the little .22s and definitely more knock down power for long range coyotes. If I were only shooting p-dogs and wood chucks, it would be a .220 Swift... pure speed! You can see the bullet impact in your scope before the recoil occurs.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad