Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of RCBS reloading products, are they good or bad? Thanks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of RCBS reloading products, are they good or bad? Thanks.

What do you guys think of RCBS reloading products, are they good or bad? Thanks.

I have owned two different RCBS Rockchucker presses over the years, and have no complaints.
    They are reputedly the very best.

Comment

They are as good as any.

Comment

RCBS has a complete line of reloading equipment.
        Excellent customer service and they stand by their products.

Comment

I also have had good luck with their products and service. Their press is built like a tank when compared to a cheaper competitor that I started reloading with.

Comment

My RCBS set up is almost 40 years old. RCBS customer service treats me like I bought it yesterday. I've NEVER had a problem that RCBS didn't handle graciously and immediately. Even one that I admitted to them was my fault.
            The lady laughed and said, "Not a problem! Give me your address and I'll send you one today. Do you have "zingfarbs"? No? Okay, I'll send one od those also and thank you for using RCBS."
            I've uses Lee Products some and they worked admirably. Lee Loaders and bullet moulds.
            I have a Lyman case polisher. It's a champ!
            Can't recall that I've ever seen any Redding products.
            Dillon Precision makes a dandy "progressive" loader.

Comment

Ah dunno how it compares, cuz they're the only reloading presses Ah'z evva owned.

A Rock Chucker II and the Big One for the .50 BMG!

Comment

I have my bench set up as a work station, with an RCBS Rock Chucker press to do the sizing and a RCBS Partner press to do the seating. You can use Redding, Hornady, Lyman or other brands of dies on an RCBS press because they're threaded to fit.
                Ruggedly built, RCBS presses and dies have provided me with with handloads since 1969. I use Redding dies for couple of my varmint/target rifles, simply because some cartridge concentricity tests I did for my own benefit many years ago gave a very slight edge to Redding, but RCBS competition dies have since closed that gap. I've used solidly built presses from other manufacturers, but RCBS has been good to me over the years for customer service and its one of the reasons my Rock Chucker is four decades old.

Comment

I have a RCBS Junior press and RCBS scales. My powder measure is a very fine Herters model (not available any more - I believe they actually made their own loading stuff too. Their multistage shotshell loader was like none other I have ever seen). I believe my 30-06 dies may also be Herters or maybe Lyman. Ed is correct in that just about any brand name dies are interchangeable with whatever press (of course, the dies may have to be readjusted if used in a different press). I have never heard anyone complain about RCBS dies or any other brand for that matter, but I don't circulate much with the reloading crowd. Anyone else's thoughts on poor quality brands for loading dies?

Comment

I have a RCBS Junior press and RCBS scales. My powder measure is a very fine Herters model (not available any more - I believe they actually made their own loading stuff too. Their multistage shotshell loader was like none other I have ever seen). I believe my 30-06 dies may also be Herters or maybe Lyman. Ed is correct in that just about any brand name dies are interchangeable with whatever press (of course, the dies may have to be readjusted if used in a different press). I have never heard anyone complain about RCBS dies or any other brand for that matter, but I don't circulate much with the reloading crowd. Anyone else's thoughts on poor quality brands for loading dies?

Comment

Accidentally shared an elk camp with two senior RCBS executives. I was very impressed with their intelligence, concern for their product, and concern for customers. Not just care for the bottom line.

Comment

I have used RCBS products for over 45 years. Their customer service is second to none. If you have a problem and like someone said you tell them it was your fault, they say " no problem" and send you a new one in the mail free. I have stuck 2 cases in 45 years and both times they have had me a new die on the way in no time. I couldn't even begin to recommend anyone else.

Comment

The Rock Chucker press I use was purchased in 1972. Nary a problem in over 40 years. Quality merchandise that lasts.

Comment

I've done side by side comparisons of RCBS dies with Lee dies and Lee dies have just been my preference. For everything else I go with RCBS, because all of their stuff is built very solidly and comes with the fantastic warranty. Every time I've had a problem they've either just mailed me in a new part or they've asked me to mail it in and exchange it, at no additional cost! I only go with Lee because I feel like their dies are more solid and better constructed.

Comment

I still use all of the RCBS reloading tools I bought when I was 15 and I've bought many since then. Over they years they have shocked me with great customer service. For example, when my plastic primer catcher finally cracked after 50 years of use, they sounded genuinely concerned and overnighted a new replacement free of charge. When I designed a new cartridge and needed reloading dies, they were happy to hear about it and made the reloading dies for standard cost when I sent them a fire formed case.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad