Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel Defense vs. Rock River? What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Defense vs. Rock River? What do you think?

Daniel Defense vs. Rock River? What do you think?

I Vote Rock River Arms.

Comment

I've had a RRA for 6 or 7 years now with no issues that were the rifle's fault. As long as you feed it decent ammo in quality mags and make sure it's got all its parts (like not misplacing the takedown pin detent spring when you're swapping end plates... derp), it's a gun you'll be proud to own for years to come. I treat mine like a beater, but that's what I need the gun to do and it does it well.

That being said, I recently helped my best friend pick out his first AR. I gotta say, their lightweight stuff is awesome. If I were in the market for another complete rifle or 5.56 upper, I would get one of the DD M4 variants with lightweight barrel. Fit and finish is at least on par with RRA (if not a little better, reflected in the price tag) and their lightweight stuff makes them a joy to carry. Plus, Daniel's come with the rails that most people want anyway. Very much worth it.

Bear in mind, I've yet to approach the AR platform for precision varminting or looking pretty in my safe with 10 lbs of crap attached to it, so I can't speak to those other regions of the AR-ownership. What I can say is, both will take a lot of abuse and run when you need them too, accurately. If both brands are in your price range, get a Daniel.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to We Don't NEED
        by Amflyer
        I actually put myself on the ignore list, but so far I haven't noticed....
        Today, 11:46 AM
      • We Don't NEED
        by jhjimbo
        We may want, but we do not NEED.
        We don't need a female President just to have a female President. We especially don't need a black female President...
        Yesterday, 07:33 AM
      • What Would Your World Be Like ?
        by jhjimbo
        Have you thought about what your world would be like if you could not legally own a firearm ??...
        Yesterday, 04:12 AM
      • Reply to What's going on in the cities?
        by jhjimbo
        Some reporters in L.A. that know Kamila Harris says she has over 100 cases open. Has prosecuted about 35....
        Today, 11:19 AM
      • What's going on in the cities?
        by labrador12
        If a white guy shot 12 children there would be hell to pay, and rightfully so. Chicago saw 101 shot this weekend, 14 fatally. Why is there no outrage?...
        06-22-2020, 10:00 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X