Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got a Marlin Model 60 .22 LR and was wondering what scope I should put on it, Thank You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got a Marlin Model 60 .22 LR and was wondering what scope I should put on it, Thank You!

I just got a Marlin Model 60 .22 LR and was wondering what scope I should put on it, Thank You!

Of course, high quality glass gets high quality results.
    That said, I've found just about any scope works very well on a .22 rifle.
    One inch tube and anything over 4X is overkill.

Comment

Bushnell makes a pretty good 22 scope, I had one on my model 60 and it was extremely accurate but I like shooting with open sights so took it off.

Comment

pick one and throw it on there. it is a 22 lr. you don't need any thing more than x4 so find a half decent scope that has good mounts and run with it.

Comment

If you put a lot of glassware (i.e., a large scope) on your Model 60, you may sacrifice its handling capabilities. I have a 3X scope on two of my .22 rimfire rifles, and they serve me well. I did put a 3-9x variable on another, but that .22LR is differently configured, with a different stock and barrel.
          If you intend to use that .22 afield and want to retain its quick handling and pointability, use a scope of dot sight that will enhance its capabilities. Best of luck afield.

Comment

Get the centerpoint ar22 series 4x32. It's a decent cheap scope that'll do the job, and it's what I have on my model 60.

Comment

I have an old Sightron S1 3-9x40 on a Ruger 10/22 its more scope then needed, its hard to beat Free!
              Look for a Fixed power scope....3x or 4x Power would serve you well on the Marlin Mod/60 .22Lr

Comment

barska .22 plinker is a good scope. I have one on my savage and it works well.

Comment

I had a Tasco 4x15 scope on my model 60. Its a pretty good scope for the price( $6 or $7 at Wal-Mart). I took it off because it seem right to have a scope on that gun.

Comment

I put a Tasco on mine

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for a good rifle case for a Marlin 60 with scope?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad