Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I just bought a Ruger 10/22 rifle and went out rabbit hunting. It shoots fine but I was wondering if anyone had any recommen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I just bought a Ruger 10/22 rifle and went out rabbit hunting. It shoots fine but I was wondering if anyone had any recommen

So, I just bought a Ruger 10/22 rifle and went out rabbit hunting. It shoots fine but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for replacement iron sights. The sights it comes with feel too low for me and the length feels a little short (since I am a large man). I intend to remedy the short stock issue but replacing it with a new stock though.

After buying mine I felt the same about the sights and hated how low they sat. The stock was also short for myself being just over 6 foot and a long arm span. After spending the money on a simple 22 I did not feel like dumping more money into it so I gave it to my son and currently looking for a replacement 22. Something bolt action right now. So good luck. I did not feel like putting a scope on it either. So the sights were hard to use for me.

Comment

See, I am just over 6 foot tall as well with long arms, but I bought it because I want iron sights (I seem to shoot better with them) and I do not really feel like buying yet another gun (yet, give it about 2 weeks hah).

Comment

Add a slip-on recoil pad and see if that improves things for you. If it does, then consider the trouble and expense of picking up another stock (which likely won't be easy) if you don't care for the looks of the slip-on. It' a cheap way to see if your diagnosis is correct. Good luck.

Comment

JMO~~Live with it or spend Wasted money you will never recover...or look at Savage, Remington,Marlin Autos they have longer sighting plane and Stocks.Trade it off at the next Gun Show in your Town or sell it to a friend.

Comment

The factory-provided sights on the Ruger 10/22 are too low for me as well, and it encourages the use of a scope or dot sight. Enjoy your 10/22 because you've made a good choice.

Comment

Midway USA sells a 1-inch recoil pad for the 10/22. I've used one and it is easy to install. Perhaps a red dot sight would be the solution to the low iron sights. I always have a scope on my 10/22
              Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Where do you live that rabbit season is open right now?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Recoil pads revisited
                  by Pmacc60
                  Sunday morning and I’m going through rifles because you got me thinking about this. Here is what I came up with, all are current hunting rifles and...
                  Today, 08:16 AM
                • Recoil pads revisited
                  by dewman
                  When I was redoing the base/ring & swivel setup on the old '06 yesterday my pal sitting there with me asked if I was going to add a recoil pad. Probably...
                  Today, 07:36 AM
                • Reply to Pelosi and the VP candidate !
                  by FirstBubba
                  As far as I'm concerned, who-(whom?)ever is selected, if Biden is elected, they will, in time, become an Obama puppet.
                  Right now, the push seems...
                  Today, 07:57 AM
                • Pelosi and the VP candidate !
                  by bowhunter75richard
                  Pelosi states that the VP candidate is of no consequence ! Is this largely felt to be true ? In this election, I would think it to be of the utmost...
                  Today, 06:38 AM
                • Reply to Winchester Model-12 12 Gauge Shotgun Issue
                  by FirstBubba
                  RazzRJB, I don't guess it makes much difference why it's missing. LOL! Because it isn't attached, I've had them just "fall" out unnoticed....
                  Today, 07:48 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X