Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am buying a savage 111GNS in 30/06...what are some good scope suggestions for it. I don't have much expierience with scopes, s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am buying a savage 111GNS in 30/06...what are some good scope suggestions for it. I don't have much expierience with scopes, s

I am buying a savage 111GNS in 30/06...what are some good scope suggestions for it. I don't have much expierience with scopes, so any info on them would be great

What kind of price range are we dealing with here?

Comment

Leupold's are American made and have a liftime warr.
      The VX II can be found at Wally World for under $200.00
      Hope this helps.
      Good rule of thumb, buy the BEST glass you can afford.

Comment

Seriously? What wallyworld has Leupold VX II's for $200? Not the 2 near me...

Comment

Saw one in Ark.(south of Little Rock) today for $165.00.

Comment

Looks like I'm moving there.

Comment

My kids and I have had good results with the Nikon Pro-Staff, economical, clear, dependable.

Comment

You get what you pay for. It was well said above; buy the best glass you can afford. There are some decent scopes available in the $165 to $250 price range which is the absolute minimum I would consider to spend. I would go online to Cabela's website and look at all the scopes they have available, pick one in my price range, and then do an internet search on that particular brand and model to find the best price. Be sure to factor in shipping costs. If you have a local sporting/hunting goods store nearby, I would give them a look too. It is a good thing to support your hometown business.

Comment

Put a Leupold on it. Great combo. That's what i shoot for deer.

Comment

Leupold and don't forget a good set of rings. Cheap rings will likely damage the finish on your scope. A good scope is only as good as the rings that hold it. A 3X-9X variable is about right and a fixed 4X will do the job, is more rugged and costs less.

Comment

Go with Leupold, you can't go wrong. That's the only scope I will use.

Comment

Another vote for leupold here.

Comment

Your getting a good accurate gun. I bought the 111 G years ago, so I had to remove the iron sights. NS means no sights. My gun is very accurate, I'm glad I bought it. One tip. Don't buy your gun and take it out to shoot. Take it home and clean the barrel out. Mine had lots of protective grease. Don't know if it was cosmoline, but I'm glad I got it out first.

Comment

Those Leupold guys must be doing something right because they would be my first choice too. I have a 3.5-10x for a rifle like that and love it. If you can spend more, you will like the VXIII even more (around $400-$600)... extremely clear. The scope and mounts will define the accuracy of that rifle; I would get good ones if I intend to use the rifle much.

Comment

Agreed with Del in KS and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad