Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Travel alot and carry a handgun for personal protection. I do not have my Concealed permit, Which I intend on getting when tim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joel.grudle
    replied
    I live in Kansas where open carry is an every day occurence, it's great to have people who open carry to be a deterrence. KS also makes the regulations to how you can open carry, the type of holster must have a strap, gun must have a safety and things like that to deter people from wanting to open carry...funsuckers

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Wam, lol
    You’re correct I wouldn’t go there either if I lived elsewhere. The Communist Bloc States located in the northeast have too many gun laws, anti hunting laws, rules and regulations.
    I would exclude Maine, Vermont and Pennsylvania from those communist bloc states.
    Again, I don't blame you. Stay in the other states where it is lot safer.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    GERG
    A short bbl (20 to 22 inch) semi auto shotgun stuffed with buck shot is just as effective and a lot more acceptable to LEO's than a handgun.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Gary D,
    Who the heck wants to go to the northeastern states anyway. LOL

Leave a comment:

• GERG
    replied
    I meant AR

Leave a comment:

• GERG
    replied
    Thanks Gary. Been looking at Nra-Ila website and itn eplains it pretty good. Though some states are pretty vague. An example being MS.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    This link is from the NRA. Gary

www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2006/the-state-(by-state)-of-right-to-carry.aspx?s=%22Right-To-Carry%22&st=&ps=

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    GERG, this state website may help you in your travels.

licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

Leave a comment:

• GERG
    replied
    I dont plan to walk around displaying my hangun. I have it in my vehicle and motel room. You gentlemen are absolutely correct, I need to take the time and get my concealed permit. that will eliminate alot of issues. thanks for the advice.

Leave a comment:

• scratchgolf72
    replied
    ive always felt that the point of carrying was so nobody knew you had it, but it goes both ways. somebody wanting to cause you harm may see the gun and decide otherwise, or a psychopath may see it and decide to take you out first because you have it on your hip.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I should add that many states that honor the permits of other states limit their recognition to residents of the issuing state.
    There was some scuttlebutt a while back that residents of Pennsylvania could secure Florida permits to get around their own state's permit requirements, but Pennsylvania is more lenient in its licensing process than Florida.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I could be wrong on this, but I think Florida has the most reciprocity agreements with other states, about 38 states in all. And Florida issues permits to non-residents by mail.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Wam, that is not true.
    Most northeastern states will not honor Utah or Florida right to carry permit.

Greg, be very careful and check with the state's Attorney General Office first.
    Lawyers always say "Ignorance for the law is no excuse".

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Get a Utah non-resident permit honored almost everywhere except your home state.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    If you open carry and people are afraid around you, you can be arrested for inciting public panic or something like that.
    Go ahead and get a carry permit and check what states have reciprocity - sometimes a couple of permits will cover the states you travel to. An Ohio, Idaho and Florida permit covers something like 40 states.
    Forget the North East - the farther you go the more restrictive it gets, for the most part.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad