Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The .22lr is the most popular cartridge in the US. When the shortage is over and things are back to 'normal', how many rounds do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The .22lr is the most popular cartridge in the US. When the shortage is over and things are back to 'normal', how many rounds do

The .22lr is the most popular cartridge in the US. When the shortage is over and things are back to 'normal', how many rounds do you estimate you shoot in a year of .22lr ??

No where near what I used to!
    I used to shoot probably near 1k annually. Now that I have a small hoard, I'll keep the wife working with her handgun (Walther P22), the rest will only be expended as needed.
    Vermin control is pretty important out here in the country.
    I'll still plink some, just not like I "usta"! LOL?

Comment

None I don't have a 22lr but I wish I did. I have an ar that I put a lot of rounds through and over the 22 I prefer my 22 250. But maybe I will consider it when rounds start turning up on the shelves.

Comment

When I used to shoot a lot, about 500 rounds a year. Now, maybe 50. Since getting into archery hunting I don't shoot guns near as much as I shoot my bow.

Comment

Just enough to make sure my rifle is sighted in.

Comment

a couple thousand. I would buy a box of 500 every month or so.

Comment

A dozen maybe if I have a chance to go grouse hunting.

Comment

10 months a year, 500 rounds a month.

Comment

200-300 .22Mag Rounds a Year.

Comment

I shoot about 300 rounds a year of .22lr in rifle and hand gun. A few times a year I shoot in .22lr silhouette with a rifle and bowling pins with a .22lr handgun. The remainder is target shooting and some small game hunting.

Comment

About 2,000 between two rifles and two pistols. Excellent cheap practice rounds.

Comment

About four bricks before they disappeared from the shelves.

Comment

50 to 100 rounds a week, depending upon the weather. What if the shortage doesn’t end.

Comment

when I was a kid I would practice on walnuts in the yard, pop cans, groundhogs, etc. and would burn through the rounds. Today, I don't waste any ammo. I shoot just enough to check my sights before each season and then however many squirrels, groundhogs, etc. walk in front of my crosshairs.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad