Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank GOD for people like Ed Snowden, the whistle blower that revealed the Government spy operation. Without people like him the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safado
    replied
    99explorer is correct. He has a security clearance that makes it a crime to reveal confidential information. I have a security clearance and have also signed confidentiality agreemnets in the past. I take these kinds of things very seriously because of the consequences. Snowden knew that what he was doing was wrong that's why he went on the lam!

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Some pretty good point Dcast. Except you are not separating punishment from investigation. Case in point the Boston Bombers. Everybody thought the younger brother was a great kid. Granted the older brother went back to Russia. But so what. I have a friend that went to Cuba to visit his family. My oldest son and his wife just got back from Oman in UAE. His company sent him and another employee on a 10 day vacation as a reward. Along with a bunch of other guy's from across the US and Europe. Two years ago they sent him to Viet Nam. Travel and Religion are not the indicators you think.

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    "All this guy Snowden did was reveal what the government can do. What he was doing was not listening to your conversation rather keeping track of traffic." We'll see what else comes out. The Guardian already came out and said there is more to come. I agree he is no great hero but he has got the discussion going and brought to the forefront to be discussed among the public. This wasn't an option before they took it upon themselves to do what they want.

What I want to trade?

1) Surveillance of private citizens for surveillance of known problems
    2) A slap on the hand for rapists, child molesters, pedophiles, etc... for due justice. My opinion of due justice is death, it's time to make examples instead of complacency.
    3) Instead of investigating private people's information maybe they should look into the company. There is no need to snoop on your wife or son without a problem within the company or technology. No?
    4) Instead of targeting a bunch of bluehairs how about those who bow down several times a day towards Mecca.
    5) How about profiling the previously mentioned?
    6) How about gathering intelligence on the cartels?
    7) How about doing their job in bring down the National Debt?
    8) How about cleaning their own house before going about someone else's business?

We could go on but I have the feeling it's in vain. All of this is needless, unless you have something in the works. This smells ill-intent. Yes I got that it has gone on forever, but there were/are limits to this.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Another thing you have to remember. My wife is involved with off shore banking. My son with soft ware for stocks and bonds. America believes that the profits from all the TONS of drugs is carried across the border in a Knapp sack. Those millions are sent with the push of a computer key. Human trafficking and child p0rn0graphy is also dependent on an unsupervised Internet. So what do you want to trade?

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Dcast;One more thing I'm in America because my maternal Grandfather beat up one of Hitler's entourage after a big parade in Munich in 1937. They even made a movie about it [Hitler not my Grand Dad] For this he spent 18 months in a concentration camp. What got him out was he was a decorated WWI vet and he drove a Beer Wagon in his later years. So he was well known. He could also see the writing on the wall. So he sent his daughter [my Mom] to America. So I know all about 1-800-Turn In Your Buddy.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Dcast I don't think this guy rises to the level of Julies and Ethel Rosenberg, Tokyo Rose or Jane Fonda for that matter. Oppenheimer even lost his clearance when his wife joined the Communist Party. All this guy Snowden did was reveal what the government can do. What he was doing was not listening to your conversation rather keeping track of traffic. He did not reveal any secrets. You have to keep in mind that world wide communication is very easy using the Internet. Using satellite and fiber optic communication it can only be monitored in this way. Because he violated his Oath I believe jail time is in order.
    He is probably no more than a nebish that is looking for some fame and a better job. You also have to keep in mind Pre 9-11 the NSA that monitored all foreign and domestic conversations. But could not legally tell the CIA the American side of the conversation or tell the FBI the foreign side. That is how 9-11 was successful. Keeping that in mind I do not care if someone listens in on my wife giving me a promise for tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    I recommend all of you to read this 3 part series "The Collectivist Mind Game" by Oleg Atbashian.
    He is the developer of the website "The People's Cube"(I recommend) it's a political satire/humor website designed around Soviet Union agitprop. He is from Ukraine and worked for Communist Russia as a agitprop artist. You can look into his background further if you wish, but listen to what he says, pay attention to what it is he is trying to tell us. He uses satire and humor to spread the word so to make it more palatable to Americans because we never lived under an authoritarian or communist government.

thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/collectivist-mind-games-demonizing-the-non-compliant-t10610.html

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    Carl, I know as well as everyone else knows it's nothing new but it still is simply wrong and overstep of authority. I have never been arrested in my life never been accused of any crime, what gives anyone the right to look into my private life? I live a straight and narrow life so I don't have to worry about people looking into my life. This is in my opinion along with millions of others the verge or further of a authoritarian government. You seem well versed in history, I'm not but I have started studying more history in the last 12 yrs for the obvious reasons. Look at the former Soviet Union and how they gained control of their people. They turned person against person through similar means. They turned family members against one another, friends against each other, and every stranger was by all means a spy. They were effectively able to silence the masses. The government has no phathomable reason for what they are doing. Because your allowed to do something doesn't mean you should.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    I think 99 just about summed it up. Snowdens problem arises from the contract he signed. Dcast phone tapping is nothing new. I worked in Midtown in the 70's. The inside guys would routinely tap into the more interesting lines and hook them up to the the PA system to alleviate boredom. Usually [email protected] b0rdellos. So unauthorized listening is nothing new. Today you don't have to run a wire you just condition the switch remotely.
    PS the FBI had a field office less than one city block away. I spliced a Tie cable to their basement and they took it from there. They also had apristinen Telephone truck in their garage. So there is nothing new under the sun.

Leave a comment:

• allegnmtn
    replied
    Well it's official, Boehner and the Republican leadership want Snowden shot as a traitor. Now is the time to stand up to both the Republicans and the Democrats and say loudly and clearly you won't be one of the sheeple anymore. Tell Boehner he's wrong.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Snowden's legal problem is that he accepted a security clearance that makes it a crime to disclose unauthorized national secrets. He has so far not revealed any illegality, just a few details regarding antiterror programs that were already known to exist.
    But he has invited the Justice Department to investigate and seek to extradite him so that his example does not prompt others to leak secrets based on their own moral authority.

Leave a comment:

• Dcast
    replied
    I think everyone is missing the point!

We all know Bush signed the Patriot Act, which is good to a point and it is a fine line. He, I, and many of you know who the enemy is as did Bush and he only targeted them. Don't believe me go back through all the liberal outrage over him never once was he accused of spying on "ordinary Americans" and to this day nothing has been brought to light that he target just anyone except our enemy. Radical Muslim's are the target and still should be the target under the PA. This is a very simple concept that has already labeled me a zealot and probably now a bigot. Every muslim should be investigated until determined a non-threat to the USA. Once they find a threat then that threat should be investigated more closely by phone records, emails, web traffic, etc... to identify possible accomplices once the trail ends all threats and potential threats should be sought out and imprisoned until determined they are in fact a threat to the safety of the public, and if they are determined not to be release them on their way. Where all this went array is by the Obama administration targeting ordinary citizens out of a just in case measure whether to be PC or for some other nefarious reason. This is a modern day witch hunt when we know who the witch's are. In hunting terms it's the equivalent of going to the Gulf of Mexico to hunt a Wildebeast, it makes no sense.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    It is not what is being done with the data now, it is what a tyrannical Government could do with the capability down the road - just one stroke of the keyboard and we could be controlled beyond belief. This is an example of the camels nose under the tent.
    Snowden and the AP and Fox are to be commended for bringing this to the attention of the American people.

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Matzek
    replied
    It's not like the government has a guy reading EVERY person's e-mails, texts, Internet histories. Some of your information, that is attributed to you and has your name on it, goes through these databases and computers. All it's doing is searching keywords. If your stuff doesn't throw up any red flags, it's filed away never to be seen again. All this to keep us safe. Is that so bad? Sure the government messes up and abuses it's power occasionally but hey, I can't vote yet. Some of you elected them...

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    Diann Feinstein is calling it Treason, and some say Patriot! what say you??
    I say Treason.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    This week was especially heavy on rock songs. I also got stuck in the 80’s. I realized soon into it that by far most of my movie watching was from that...
    Yesterday, 11:48 PM
  • TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    So I mentioned this last week, we’ve posted a few songs off soundtracks before but I think there’s loads of material left to cover. Not only are there...
    09-16-2021, 11:01 PM
  • Reply to Bust gun buying trip
    by fitch270
    Actually the show itself wasn’t too bad, it was the 5 hour round trip eating up the beautiful day that hurt. I come home from most of them empty handed...
    Yesterday, 11:41 PM
  • Bust gun buying trip
    by fitch270
    Headed to Syracuse Sunday for the big fall gun show. Had a pocket full of cash and was looking to spend it. Wanted a stainless .270, a synthetic 12 gauge...
    Yesterday, 09:41 PM
  • Reply to Real Quiet
    by Milldawg
    As a business owner and an employee rising wages are good and bad. As a business owner I lose profit that I can spend on things that actually drive the...
    Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X