Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank GOD for people like Ed Snowden, the whistle blower that revealed the Government spy operation. Without people like him the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recommend all of you to read this 3 part series "The Collectivist Mind Game" by Oleg Atbashian.
    He is the developer of the website "The People's Cube"(I recommend) it's a political satire/humor website designed around Soviet Union agitprop. He is from Ukraine and worked for Communist Russia as a agitprop artist. You can look into his background further if you wish, but listen to what he says, pay attention to what it is he is trying to tell us. He uses satire and humor to spread the word so to make it more palatable to Americans because we never lived under an authoritarian or communist government.

thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/collectivist-mind-games-demonizing-the-non-compliant-t10610.html

Comment

Dcast I don't think this guy rises to the level of Julies and Ethel Rosenberg, Tokyo Rose or Jane Fonda for that matter. Oppenheimer even lost his clearance when his wife joined the Communist Party. All this guy Snowden did was reveal what the government can do. What he was doing was not listening to your conversation rather keeping track of traffic. He did not reveal any secrets. You have to keep in mind that world wide communication is very easy using the Internet. Using satellite and fiber optic communication it can only be monitored in this way. Because he violated his Oath I believe jail time is in order.
      He is probably no more than a nebish that is looking for some fame and a better job. You also have to keep in mind Pre 9-11 the NSA that monitored all foreign and domestic conversations. But could not legally tell the CIA the American side of the conversation or tell the FBI the foreign side. That is how 9-11 was successful. Keeping that in mind I do not care if someone listens in on my wife giving me a promise for tonight.

Comment

Dcast;One more thing I'm in America because my maternal Grandfather beat up one of Hitler's entourage after a big parade in Munich in 1937. They even made a movie about it [Hitler not my Grand Dad] For this he spent 18 months in a concentration camp. What got him out was he was a decorated WWI vet and he drove a Beer Wagon in his later years. So he was well known. He could also see the writing on the wall. So he sent his daughter [my Mom] to America. So I know all about 1-800-Turn In Your Buddy.

Comment

Another thing you have to remember. My wife is involved with off shore banking. My son with soft ware for stocks and bonds. America believes that the profits from all the TONS of drugs is carried across the border in a Knapp sack. Those millions are sent with the push of a computer key. Human trafficking and child p0rn0graphy is also dependent on an unsupervised Internet. So what do you want to trade?

Comment

"All this guy Snowden did was reveal what the government can do. What he was doing was not listening to your conversation rather keeping track of traffic." We'll see what else comes out. The Guardian already came out and said there is more to come. I agree he is no great hero but he has got the discussion going and brought to the forefront to be discussed among the public. This wasn't an option before they took it upon themselves to do what they want.

What I want to trade?

1) Surveillance of private citizens for surveillance of known problems
            2) A slap on the hand for rapists, child molesters, pedophiles, etc... for due justice. My opinion of due justice is death, it's time to make examples instead of complacency.
            3) Instead of investigating private people's information maybe they should look into the company. There is no need to snoop on your wife or son without a problem within the company or technology. No?
            4) Instead of targeting a bunch of bluehairs how about those who bow down several times a day towards Mecca.
            5) How about profiling the previously mentioned?
            6) How about gathering intelligence on the cartels?
            7) How about doing their job in bring down the National Debt?
            8) How about cleaning their own house before going about someone else's business?

We could go on but I have the feeling it's in vain. All of this is needless, unless you have something in the works. This smells ill-intent. Yes I got that it has gone on forever, but there were/are limits to this.

Comment

Some pretty good point Dcast. Except you are not separating punishment from investigation. Case in point the Boston Bombers. Everybody thought the younger brother was a great kid. Granted the older brother went back to Russia. But so what. I have a friend that went to Cuba to visit his family. My oldest son and his wife just got back from Oman in UAE. His company sent him and another employee on a 10 day vacation as a reward. Along with a bunch of other guy's from across the US and Europe. Two years ago they sent him to Viet Nam. Travel and Religion are not the indicators you think.

Comment

99explorer is correct. He has a security clearance that makes it a crime to reveal confidential information. I have a security clearance and have also signed confidentiality agreemnets in the past. I take these kinds of things very seriously because of the consequences. Snowden knew that what he was doing was wrong that's why he went on the lam!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad