Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how to determine the model of a Browning bar by it's serial number. I figured out the year it was made and that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to determine the model of a Browning bar by it's serial number. I figured out the year it was made and that

Does anyone know how to determine the model of a Browning bar by it's serial number. I figured out the year it was made and that it was a magnum caliber but I wanna confirm the model.

If I'm not mistaken, a Browning semi auto rifle is their BAR "model",which is kind of a misnomer!
    BAR denotes "Browning Automatic Rifle", which is their contribution to WW II.
    I suppose they considered "BSAR" inane.
    I'm quite sure there are different "variations" as improvements came along. Maybe a note to Browning might answer your question.

Comment

Other than what you have done, I know of no other way. An experienced Browning collector could probably identify from a visual examination, or, like Bubba said a note to Browning could help.

Comment

Contact Browning or go to their website.

Comment

I would contact the Browning Museum, in Ogden, UT, there is a gentleman who volunteers there on Wednesdays that knows more about things "Browning" than anyone walking this earth!also a great place to visit!!!!

Comment

Very cool. I have driven through Utah a few times but never knew about that. Next time I go back down to Texas ill have to swing by. I called browning and they said the rifle was a bar stalker. In 7mm rem mag so it's a longtrac. I was told it was a mark ii lightweight stalker but browning said there was no lightweight in the name. It was made in 2001 and retails for 864. Any idea how to determine value of a used one? I know it all depends on condition but just assuming its in good condition.

Comment

My book is a few years old but is says list was $927, discontinued in 7rem mag in 2004, in 100% it is valued at $839.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                by crm3006
                Wow: Lindsey Graham Refuses to Issue Big Tech Subpoenas

Un-be-lievable.

Lindsey Graham swore up and down that he would
                Today, 05:22 PM
              • Reply to Rest Easy
                by FirstBubba
                "... I took your advice and blocked the slimy nine and the red rodent, ..."

Welcome! It's pretty sad to rant and rave on a blog...
                Today, 04:39 PM
              • Rest Easy
                by jhjimbo
                Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
              • Reply to Rest Easy
                by 99explorer
                Even if the Democrats take the White House and the Senate, it will still take 60 Senate votes to kill the filibuster, because of the filibuster!
                Today, 03:02 PM
              • Reply to Rest Easy
                by jhjimbo
                They know IF Trump wins and holds the Senate and picks up some down ticket it will mean the end of the Dem party for at least ten years if not more....
                Today, 02:39 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X