Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know someone selling a early 80s Remington 700 BDL European in 7mm Rem Mag with same era Bushnell 4-12 scope for $300 and it i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    If you need a 7mm Rem Mag that's a great price. The Bushnell scope is mostly junk unless it is a high end model, but I think the early top end Bushnell's were Bausch & Lomb. I never thought the 7mm Rem Mag was enough of a quantum leap from the .30-06 to really interest me in buying one. The 7mm Weatherby and 7mm STW are different matters and really out-pace the '06.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    As long as it has decent rifling yet, it would be a mighty fine rifle for the price. The Rem 700 action alone is worth that. The usefulness of that cartridge depends on your hunting needs. It is a great flat shooting cartridge for longer range shots on the prairie or in the mountains. It kicks like a mule though and as a result, I find many great 7mms at gun shows for $400. It is way overkill for timber deer and just not worth the recoil. It can be loaded down but you end up burning a lot of powder to get velocities compared to something like a 7mm-08.

I'd buy it and spiff it up for longer range shooting. If you don't like the recoil, put a .257 WBY barrel on it and have fun!

Leave a comment:

• Knife Freak
    replied
    If it is in good shape and you have a use for it that is a good buy and a hell of a lot less that retail.

Leave a comment:

• Panfry101
    replied
    Buy it for that price, assuming the barrel is in good condition. The 7 does kick really bad with most of its loads, especially if you aren't a hand loader. I'm assuming that there is a factory butt on there, so put a good limbsaver recoil pad on there. Also put on one of those limbsaver barrel de-resonators. They reduce muzzle jump a LOT and increase accuracy too. (at least that's what they claim and thats what they do on my guns and countless others). Good luck! Also consider updating the optics. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Sounds like a excellent buy - go for it. Excellent selection of bullets available if you reload, for example you can get a 175gr about 3000fps. That is a lot of power if you need it.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Like our friend fezzant, I find the recoil of the 7mm Rem Mag a bit too sharp for my liking. I am a big fan of the 7x57 Mauser.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    I would say YES,$300.00. Any Rifle with a scope that shoots is worth at least That. That Rem/European/700 BDL in 7mmR-Mag W/Scope is Worth $595.00 in 98% It would be worth more in 7x57 $1,000+/-with out scope. Now as for the 7mmRem Mag Its a good all around Cal with the right Bullet from Hogs to Elk/Moose, If your (Recoil sensitive) I would have a Limb-Savor Pad installed....Good Luck with your new Remington.

Leave a comment:

• fezzant
    replied
    I shoot that round myself. I love it. Very flat. Good power. It doesn't have the versatility of the .30-06 but it will take down just about anything anyway. One drawback - it has a pretty good kick for the size of the bullet... considerably more than a .270 and noticeably more than the 06.

Sounds like a great deal if the gun is really in good condition.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    That is a great flat shooting round. You can hunt everything from deer, elk, moose with the same gun. Our company attorney hunts all over the world, using nothing but the 7mm remmy.

I'd check gunbroker for comparables. On the surface, it looks like a good deal to me. Make sure you check the rifling of the barrel prior to purchase.

Leave a comment:

• I know someone selling a early 80s Remington 700 BDL European in 7mm Rem Mag with same era Bushnell 4-12 scope for $300 and it i

I know someone selling a early 80s Remington 700 BDL European in 7mm Rem Mag with same era Bushnell 4-12 scope for $300 and it is in nice condition. Is that a good price, and how do you like that round?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad