Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody have a ballistics program? I am going to shoot in a D-Day battle rifle match with a .303 (7.7X56R) Enfield. Will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody have a ballistics program? I am going to shoot in a D-Day battle rifle match with a .303 (7.7X56R) Enfield. Will

Does anybody have a ballistics program? I am going to shoot in a D-Day battle rifle match with a .303 (7.7X56R) Enfield. Will be shooting 300,200 and 100yds. I am using factory 180gr ptbt, .328B.C. Advertised vel is 2421fps.. With a 200yd zero where will i be at 100 and 300? thanks, jim

www.hornady.com/ballistics-resource/ballistics-calculator

Comment

Amflyer
      Thanks, the program works good. I need to be 3" high at 100 and will be 12" low at 300. jim

Comment

jhjimbo... that is exactly what I get with my ballistics calculator. Note that at 300 yards, your energy has dropped to about 1100 ft/lbs which is fine for target shooting but marginal for deer shooting.

Comment

I would disagree Dakota.

A 44 magnum 240 Gr bullet @ 1400 fps has about 1100 ft/lbs at the muzzle. My concern would be if the bullet would expand sufficiently, but penetration should not be an issue.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad