Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the difference between the Remington 700 BDL and CDL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the difference between the Remington 700 BDL and CDL?

What the difference between the Remington 700 BDL and CDL?

You mean 700BDL and 700 ADL. The Bdl has a removable magazine, better wood and embellishments. The ADL is lower priced and has a fixed magazine. The ADL does not have all the appearance extra's. Both, to my knowledge, have the same action and barrels.

Comment

Got this from a Website;

You may be wondering what you receive for paying two hundred dollars more for the BDL. BDLs are in current production. ADLs have now been discontinued. Although quite similar, the BDL and ADL can be differentiated in three separate ways.
      * BDLs have a baseplate, and ADLs do not. This means that the BDL has a "hinged magazine floorplate," enabling the user to unload the firearm without cycling the bolt. This can be useful on those cold hunts when extremities are prone to numbness.
      * BDLs have a unique fore-end cap that acts as a recoil buffer. The fore-end cap will be black and can be found on the tip of the back end of the stock. ADLs are without this device.
      * The BDL model has, over its front sight, a black hood, in effect shielding the delicate front sight from the elements. The ADL is without this device.

Comment

Theres a CDL also and I cant figure out the difference other than one has iron sights and one dosent. Still the CDL without iron sights is $200 more, I dont see where this money is going to on the gun

Comment

Sorry, i mixed them up - CDL is removable magazine. BDL is fixed magazine but can be unloaded from bottom. ADL is fixed magazine and can not be unloaded from the bottom. I believe both BDL and CDL can be had in good quality wood and extra embellishments as well as synthetic stocks. Lots of variations to choose from.

Comment

The CDL or "Custom Deluxe" is the nicer of the two rifles. They both have the hinged floor plate but the CDL stock has a darker flat finish and straight comb walnut stock, with the barreled action having a matte blue finish. Where as the BDL stock has a higher luster and a Monte Carlo comb on the stock and a polished blue finish, with iron sites. Check out Remington's website and that will answer more questions then any of us could.

Comment

BTW, I have a CDL in a 300 Win and absolutely love it.

Comment

And it looks like I miss lead you too, it's classic deluxe not custom deluxe. Sorry

Comment

one is prettier and finished a little better. if you are looking for a rifle that you will keep stock and shoot for for life upgrade to the CDL but if you are going to eventually add after market stuff like a new stock, barrel, blot or trigger the save the money and go with the BDL. I have shot both in 300 win and own a BDL that I turned into a custom after a year. Both shoot great but the finish and detail added to the CDL make it worth the extra money to me if I was not going to change the gun.

Comment

then save*

Comment

The stock of the CDL is designed along "classic" lines. Reportedly, its inclusion as a production item was prompted by the rising popularity of the Ruger M77's success.

Comment

The C in CDL is Hand Cut Checkering on a DL Stock to compete with Win M70 and Rugers M77.

Comment

The CDL had laser-cut checkering in 2006, at least.

The main differences are the stock (take a look at the website pictures to see the differences) the absence of sights on the CDL and in the 7mm magnum-class at least, my CDL has a 26" tube. The level of fit and finish is the same for both, just glossy vs matte, straight comb vs. Monte Carlo.

Oddly enough, IMO, the BDL is more of a "classic" than the CDL. Everyone my age lusted after a BDL when they were eleven.

Comment

I have had both. The BDL came out first and was the envy of almost everyone because of the Monte Carlo cheekpiece, high luste blueing, shiny Dupont finish, black pistol grip cap and forend tip and fancy checkering. It wasn't till many years later the CDL came out. The first CDL that I had the stock was slimmed down from the BDL , had no Monte Carlo cheekpiece, had a satan finish but still had the black forend cap and black pistol grip cap. It had a removable clip magazine. It was called a " CDL Mountain Rifle". It was chambered in .280 and many animals met their fate to that rifle. The CDL that I have now is even slimmer than the first CDL and is a satan finish with satan bluing , classic stock with black forend tip and black pistol grip cap. The one I have now has a hinged floor plate. As someone mentioned earlier the CDL's didn't come with sights and I remember that the early BDL's that we lusted after years and years ago had a hooded front sight.

Comment

The CDL is a recent (began in 2005) production rifle. It is top of the 700 hunting line, and comes with 26 LPI checkering, satin walnut finish and black forend tip. Originally Remington made only one caliber per year. This is the best-looking 700, IMO.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                                by franchi20
                                I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors to the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of...
                                Today, 07:40 PM
                              • Debate #2: new rules
                                by FirstBubba
                                New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                                The "Biden Campaign"!...
                                10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                              • Reply to What's after Trump?
                                by franchi20
                                Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                                Today, 07:34 PM
                              • What's after Trump?
                                by FirstBubba
                                No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                                There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                                Today, 01:46 PM
                              • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                                by fitch270
                                The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                                Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X