Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am trying to find some info on a M1A1 rifle with duck designs on it. I can't find anything on it anywhere. It's a Springfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am trying to find some info on a M1A1 rifle with duck designs on it. I can't find anything on it anywhere. It's a Springfield

I am trying to find some info on a M1A1 rifle with duck designs on it. I can't find anything on it anywhere. It's a Springfield Armory make.

I'm not an expert in Springfield M1A rifles, but it sounds pretty unlikely that what you have is a factory variant, unless it's some kind of Ducks Unlimited commemorative or something. A semi-auto .308 and ducks don't really seem to go together, unless you spell it "Duc," if you know what I mean.

If you think it's factory, a call to Springfield Arms is in order

Comment

FWIW, the M-1A1 was a variant of the 30 carbine with a folding stock, but they were never made by SA. You are talking about a M1A or M-14-type rifle, correct?

Comment

It's a m1a1 garand.

Comment

If this is what you have?? Springfield made a M1A rifle in various calibers from the early 1990's into the 2000's. Patterned after the M14 it was available in 243, 7mm-08, .308. Walnut or fiberglass stock, also, birch, mossy oak camo,brown and black. Also could get National Match barrel, stainless steel barrel, folding stock, flash supressor or muzzle brake. MSRP $1530. Also available as a bush rifle with 18" barrel. Wt.9lbs.

Comment

ytrock,
            No listing for a M1A1 Garand in Blue Book of Gun Values.

If i remember there was the M1 Carbine, .30cal carbine that was made with folding stock in full auto. It had a designation of M1A1. No listing for this under Springfield, although some other manufacturers made the M1A1 carbine.

Comment

It also appears to be top loaded.

Comment

I asked a club member who shoots garands at Camp Perry and he knows of no grand designation of M1A1.

He said the same as i did above - M1A1 is the .30carbine in folding stock, full auto capable - called the paratrooper carbine. If it is the full auto it is illegal to own without a special license(class 3) and tax stamp.

Comment

How about posting a photo?

Comment

How about posting a photo?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rest Easy
                      by FirstBubba
                      jimbo don't like me. LOL! 😉! I caught him and called his hand....
                      Today, 07:26 PM
                    • Rest Easy
                      by jhjimbo
                      Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                      Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                    • Reply to More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                      by FirstBubba
                      Talk about caught twixt a rock and a hard spot!
                      Never did like Graham. He just looks cheesy to me.

Did appreciate what Graham did for...
                      Today, 07:18 PM
                    • More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                      by crm3006
                      Wow: Lindsey Graham Refuses to Issue Big Tech Subpoenas

Un-be-lievable.

Lindsey Graham swore up and down that he would
                      Today, 05:22 PM
                    • Reply to Rest Easy
                      by jhjimbo
                      I have blocked several that do not post anything worth reading, off topic wrong information, or pivoting on a thread.
                      The site is much more enjoyable...
                      Today, 07:02 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X