Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There seems to be a swell of concern about making guns with 3d printers. It is without a doubt a fascinating technology. Curre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick look on Google Products revealed no fewer than 15 manufacturers selling their 3d printers in the $1000 to $2000 price range. Some are selling for $500 bucks. I remember when you couldn't touch these printers for $50,000. As with any technology, it usually drops in price as more companies enter the market. In 5 years, we will be able to buy these printers for $300. Many of these printers support using more than plastic. Everything from chocolate syrup to epoxy can be used in many of these printers. Basically, anything that can be extruded thru a syringe can be used.

Comment

They did make one with one singular metal piece not printed out the firing pin. It did function. it however didn't survive many rounds before it fell apart. Its akin to the liberator pistol we dropped into France in WW2 they didn't survive many shots either and I think the whole deal of those was stamped for the most part. as far as one of those firearms being a threat to anyone like the media claims no... unless that's a last resort against a tyrannical government as a temporary means to allow allocation of their (tyrannical governments) arms. (i.e. the WW2 liberator pistol)

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad