Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Senator Inhofe of OK has introduced a bill, S.843 to limit the amount of ammo the government can stockpile and have the GAO do a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator Inhofe of OK has introduced a bill, S.843 to limit the amount of ammo the government can stockpile and have the GAO do a

Senator Inhofe of OK has introduced a bill, S.843 to limit the amount of ammo the government can stockpile and have the GAO do an inventory of all government agencies that have ammo. Frank Lucas of OK is doing the same in the House. If you get a chance thank them for pursuing this issue.

Bravo! I’m also wondering where the Barnes bullets are going. I need at least one for elk hunting this Fall and can find none. I’ve visited all the Web sites, all the gun shops and all the big box stores trying to find a 168g TTSX. No luck! They all say the same… their orders to Barnes go unanswered. THEY CAN NO LONGER BUY components! Don’t think that it is greedy hunters or survivalists buying up all the ammo… it is OUR government!

All store managers that I asked said that nearly all ammo components are going to the Federal Government… currently the IRS and Homeland Security. Near as I can tell, Barnes bullets aren’t legal for use by the military against insurgents. I pray that the Administration is not planning to use them against “we the people”.

Comment

I think this is a witch hunt. And I'm sure when it's all said and done it will be a very expensive witch hunt with no one found to tie to the stake. Dakota, let me know exactly what you want and I'll see if I can find something up here. I'll gladly drive a box of bullets across the border (only forty minutes) and mail them to you. Not ammo though. That's trickier to ship because it's combustible.

Comment

MidwayUSA has some 180 TTSX and 175 LRX. Might give Barnes a call. You can order directly from them.

Comment

Hmmmm, who is paying for this government stockpile of ammo?
          It must be coming from the working producers and not government moochers.

Comment

OH & WAM... thanks guys. I appreciate the help. I was looking for 168s to match WAM's recommended 30-06 elk load but went ahead and ordered 175g LRX from Cheaperthandirt.com. I've got a few hundred 180g Accubonds I can practice with out to 500 yards or so and then use the Barnes for fine tuning before the hunt. I feel pretty comfortable shooting the Accubonds if they perform better but am anxious to see.

Comment

Sen. Jim Inhofe is an upstanding guy.
              Just yesterday, Bill Nye "The Science Guy" blamed the Moore, Ok tornado on "global warming", then chided Sen. Inhofe who calls global warming what it is! "JUNK SCIENCE"!

Hooray for Jim Inhofe!

Comment

The left is always quick to claim that the right are all a bunch of conspiracy theory nuts. Then you have the Obama administration tell us that the Benghazi attacks were caused by a YouTube video, the IRS is targeting conservatives illegally, and the Associated Press is being raided for phone records. Who looks the fool now?

Comment

DakotaMan,
                  I doubt that any critter could tell the difference in a 168 gr TTSX and a 180 gr TTSX anyway. I thought about using the 175 LRX when they came out, but with powder supplies what they are, I did not see much utility in working up another load for 7 addition grains of copper! The 168s shoot well for me and Del in KS has had good luck as well. I have the 168 gr because I stocked them for the .30-06 and .308 Win. I also shoot the 165 TSX for a deer/elk load in the .30-06. I don't see how one could go wrong with either. The 150 gr 7mm puts them in the dirt too!

Good luck!

Comment

500 yards! Dakota, that elk will spoil before you can get to it and dress it out! ;-)

Comment

OH, you think that is bad, I'm planning to be proficient at 1000 yards with my .300 Dakota. My new knees have not proven to be very reliable for sneaking close... they don't bend far enough to sneak. Given all the trees in the Rockies, I'm more likely to see elk at 200 yards or less. However, if I see one I can't get close to, I will be prepared. My late Dad always said, "Be prepared!" and that kind of stuck with me.

Comment

I think Accubonds are fine at standard cartridge velocities and the lower end of magnum speeds, i.e. longer range. I shoot them in my .35 Whelen and Beekeeper shoots them in his .338-06 and .300 WSM for elk loads. Work great.

Comment

Its probably just graft and incompetence behind it, but storage costs on that much ammo probably negates any savings. An investigation is warranted for those reasons alone.

Comment

DakotaMan-
                            JMHVNSO, but I would feel more comfortable with the 180 gr. than the 168gr.
                            I will be using a 180 gr. Accubond in .338 Win Mag. and a 165 gr. in .30-'06, only because that is what the Ugly Gun shoots, and I know it will kill elk.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Voter Fraud
                              by 99explorer
                              And BTW, Snopes rates that deleted Dept of State dashboard as FALSE!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pa...votes-ballots/
                              Today, 01:23 PM
                            • Voter Fraud
                              by bowhunter75richard
                              For those who claim voter fraud is not happening......Google The Heritage Foundation/election fraud cases ! All states are listed.......it just might...
                              11-06-2020, 08:01 PM
                            • Reply to Voter Fraud
                              by 99explorer
                              Another thing.
                              It is possible if not likely, that SCOTUS would refuse to hear the appeal.
                              It take four justices to grant the appeal, and they
                              Today, 01:15 PM
                            • Reply to Voter Fraud
                              by 99explorer
                              Wouldn't it be nice if SCOTUS would just take Trump's word for it that massive fraud took place, and not require all that nitty gritty evidence that courts...
                              Today, 01:08 PM
                            • Reply to Voter Fraud
                              by crm3006
                              From #1 Bubba: "One step closer to SCOTUS.....not that it will make any difference."

I would have to respectfully disagree with...
                              Today, 12:49 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X