Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know this about the Background Check Bill the anti's are trying to pass? Here is a link to the entire proposed Bill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know this about the Background Check Bill the anti's are trying to pass? Here is a link to the entire proposed Bill.

Did you know this about the Background Check Bill the anti's are trying to pass? Here is a link to the entire proposed Bill.

Need to read.

I suggest that you send this to all and ask them to do the same, we could be losing our rights if we don't contact the politicians and tell them to kill this bill permanently.

Not as innocent as it sounded!

No wonder the Senate REJECTED the bill.

You wonder why this information never makes the papers or TV news.....

Read this very carefully....

The "most popular" part of the proposed Senate gun control bill (background checks) sounds like a good idea at first but is more restrictive than anyone anticipated and will have significant unintended consequences.

There is still a huge push to get it through Congress before the public has a chance to consider its contents.

Common activities that we take for granted will become federal crimes. These are not irresponsible exaggerations. Please take a moment to review the requirements of the bill.
    Here are a few examples of the restrictions in the bill:

EXAMPLE #1
    Loaning your buddy a shotgun for a duck hunting trip will be considered a transfer. If the following requirements are not met, YOU HAVE BOTH COMMITTED A FEDERAL CRIME.

1. He must have already purchased his hunting license
    2. Season is already open (and will not close before he returns it)
    3. He cannot travel with the firearm through a county where season is not yet open or any area where hunting is prohibited and certainly not across a state line.

He CANNOT stop by your house on the day before season opens, pick up the shot gun, go to the sporting goods store to buy a license and shells then drive out to the hunting lease. In this scenario, YOU BOTH WOULD HAVE COMMITTED MULTIPLE FEDERAL CRIMES, YOUR WEAPONS WILL BE FORFEITED AND YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR RIGHT TO BUY OR OWN A FIREARM.

EXAMPLE #2
    It appears that only YOU may relocate your weapons. If your weapon leaves your home without you, the new legislation considers it a transfer of possession. ALL transfers require going through a firearms dealer, paying the transfer fee and a background check for the transferee.

Putting the weapon, even temporarily in some other persons possession, requires a transfer through a dealer. There is no exception for putting them in a friend's truck while moving to your new house or packing them unloaded, locked in a gun safe into a moving van.

Any scenario in which your weapon leaves your home without you is considered a transfer. Failure to properly transfer the weapon is a federal crime which can result in a prison term AND WILL RESULT IN THE FORFEITURE OF YOUR WEAPON.

In the scenario above, your buddy's truck was used to commit a federal crime and WILL BE CONFISCATED just like with current Fish and Game violations.

EXAMPLE #3
    Infractions as above which involve 2 guns of any type are considered weapons trafficking. You will be prosecuted under the same federal laws as a terrorist arms dealer.

EXAMPLE #4
    Any of the infractions above (or hundreds of other routine scenarios) may result in federal charges, confiscation of ALL your weapons and being prohibited, like all felons, from ever owning a weapon again.

Please read the text of the bill yourself. Most of it is boring legalese but the sections on transfers and trafficking are critical.

Take a minute to think about all the routine activities like those above that will make you a federal criminal and result in prison time plus the confiscation of ALL your weapons and other property.

A link to the bill is included below on the official Senate website. See Section 122 "Firearms Transfers".

thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:S.649:

Read it and call your congressman's office. Talk to their staff. Tell them how you feel about this.

Keep in mind, none of the above would have stopped the tragedy's in Columbine or Newtown. The proposed law makes you a criminal and opens the door for confiscation of ALL your weapons and property for otherwise routine activities.

Think and act. Congress is hoping that you will do neither and this will slide through.

If you found the patience to read the entire text, you also learned that exactly $100 million per year of your tax money is set aside to enforce these restrictions against you.

Finally, please forward this to all your family and friends who may be affected...........

Comment

That is scary. I can just hear Nancy Pelosi saying that we have to pas it to find out what's in it!
      Before I got my gun safe, I used to leave my guns with various friends when I went away on vacation. Under this bill, we'd all become felons. I don't think those would be "unintended consequences."

Comment

If you'll remember, there were those "liberal" sorts on here who "poo-pooed" the "Enhanced" Background Check as, "No big deal! It won't affect me!"
        This is the sort of crap "Obabble" is famous for!
        Watch that other hand! He's talking out the corner of his mouth again
        Lying a$$!

Comment

Please finish reading this post before anybody blows up, and I am NOT contradicting JHJIMBO, but Senator Manchin's chief of staff told me in a telephone conversation that the amendment would do more to help gun owners than hurt them, but he never elaborated on things such as this. Perhaps we should all be asking some very pointed questions of our representatives.

Comment

I looked at the bill but it is hard to follow since there is a lot of delete this.. and add that.. I do not know who did the interpretation that was included in my post. Google S.649 if you want to see it.
            This is where the NRA could be of help by putting their lawyers on the case to keep us informed.

Comment

jhjimbo, I think that was part of the sticking points on the first attempt, too many ways of manipulating the bill to suit the gun banners and give us the green weinie. I honestly don't know if I can trust Manchin now.

Comment

You can trust very few politicians 007, and I don't think Manchin is one of them.

Comment

I sent a copy of the above post of proposed S.649 to Buckey Firearms Association and also the NRA-ILA. Maybe their legal eagles will have a comment on the accuracy of the above. jim

Comment

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo recently pushed through a new gun control law so fast that it criminalized the Police Departments of the state by failing to include an exception for law enforcement personnel.

Comment

I spoke with Sen. Manchin's chief of staff again about this thread and he tells me that the referenced amendment is Schumer's and not Manchin's. He sent me a copy of the amendment but it's too long to copy and paste here. If you're interested it's S.649, it can probably be found online or a copy can be obtained from Manchin or Toomey's offices. Understand, this is NOT an endorsement of this amendment on my part, just sharing information. Good hunting.

Comment

Ok, mistake on my part. S649 is the Reid/Schumer bill. Manchin/Toomey is senate amendment 717. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad