Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today, I bought the last two bricks of 22 right under the nose of one of the local ammo hoarders and talk about the fella blowin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today, I bought the last two bricks of 22 right under the nose of one of the local ammo hoarders and talk about the fella blowin

Today, I bought the last two bricks of 22 right under the nose of one of the local ammo hoarders and talk about the fella blowing his lid! What do you think?

99% of the ammo shortage is caused by buttheads who normally buy 2 boxes of cartridges per year buying all they can carry or afford everytime they go to the store. There would be no milk or bread anywhere if idiots did that with those staples. Look what happens when hurricane flags go up.

Comment

Sounds stupid to me. You bought it before he got to it so I would say it's your fair and square! It's kinda silly what things have come to. I like to have a couple .22 boxes on hand, but it's kind of impossible now with all the dadgum hoarding!

Comment

you have a few kinds of people here. 1. there are the people who actually think that something terrible is going to happen and then they go buy a truckload of ammo. 2. then there are people who are afraid that people #1 are going to get all the ammo, so then they get all they can. 3. then there are people who think they should get a few boxes just in case. 4. and finally, there are people who notice that they should maybe go get some .22 because they are running low, and there is none left for them.

if people just calmed down and acted normal after elections and stuff there wouldn't be an ammo shortage. at least this is my opinion.

Comment

Haven't bought a box of shells since the "shortage" became news. Still have way more than I 'need'.

Comment

How do you identify the local ammo hoarders? I know it is happening here, but don't spend enough time where they sell ammo to identify anyone in particular. My "hoard" consists of a few boxes here, and a few bought there, put back against just this situation.

Comment

I bought two bricks of .22lr last week at a Cal-Ranch store, which was good since I did not have enough left for a day of plinking. I know there are shooters out there that are hoarding, and my feelings about that are this; if you have for example an A/R platform that shoots .22lr, your going to go though a lot of ammo just in a days plinking. If you have a single action revolver in .22lr, you are going to use a fraction of the ammo plinking compared to the first guy. and both are fine with me, but if you go to a store and the have, lets say for argument, 100 bricks, and you buy them all, well that is a little selfish. Now if the store says they have a two brick limit per day and you go back 50 days in a row, well then I would say you gave everyone a chance.
              What I don't like are the guys that buy up 100 bricks at $20 a brick then turn around the next day and sell the bricks for $85 each, that's taking advantage.

Comment

Some days you eat the bear and some days the bear eats you.

Comment

Habben97, unfortunately I fall into category 4. I waited until I needed some ammo, then there was none left. I haven't shot in three months now because I am saving what I do have for hunting season. And when I do get to hunt, I will use my single shot Winchester bolt, to save ammo. I do need to find some though, how is 50 rounds going to get me through hunting season and running a trap line?

The thing that honks me off is when store employees buy the ammo right off the truck before it hits the shelf. I asked the store manager when the next shipment was coming in and he said Thursday Day at noon. I showed up at 11. He said that the truck came early, there was only six boxes, and they were bought up in the first 30 seconds. I am just glad there is no shortage on shotgun ammo.

Comment

canvasback hunter, if you shop around and are patient you can usually find what you need, just not in great quantities. I have found a couple hundred rounds of .22lr in the past few months and some .243. local gun shop actually has some .223.

Comment

I recently bought two boxes of 225 rds at a gun show, something I have never done before, and felt lucky to get them. None of my local stores have a stock of .22 so I had to go another route.

Comment

Just washed my neighbors car for him and in exchange he game me a brick of .22 ammo and shotgun ammo! First brick of ammo I've gotten in a while!

Comment

Bought some for a friend the other day at walmart. Another guy and I just split what they had. Walked out with a little over 1000 rounds. I was surprised to find that much. Maybe this means the ammo companies are starting to catch up. I don't have a .22 but have been meaning to get one, nows just not the best time. I'd hate to buy a new gun and then not be able to shoot it. Or worse buy 3 bricks of ammo that cost the same amount as my new gun. It cost my friend $70 once he paid me back for the three boxes I bought for him.

Comment

First come, first serve!

Comment

Ya snooze, ya lose!

The winner is the one that gets there firstest with the mostest!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad