Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do 90% really want 'universal' background checks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do 90% really want 'universal' background checks?

Do 90% really want 'universal' background checks?

The Administration and Media need a little dose of truth serum.

buckeyefirearms.org/node/8899

Comment

I think anybody on this site would agree that firearms belong in the hands of law abiding individuals. They should be kept out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill.
      That being said LAWS are not written in one sentencee and there is a big difference between the letter and the spirit of any law.
      As amusingng example. Than President Clinton got on TV and said "I did not have [email protected] relations with that girl". He told the truth the charge would have been S0d0my. Not a lie you just did not understand.

Comment

Poll results can be manipulated by the words chosen by the poll-takers.
        I would imagine the words used were something like this: "Are you in favor of expanded background checks to prevent mentally deranged individuals from getting dangerous assault weapons if it would save the lives of innocent school children?"
        Who can say no?

Comment

90% of what comes out of Obummers pie hole are lies and half thruths. There's your 90% bucko's!

Comment

90% of who!

Comment

90% of statistics are wrong. 90% of what comes out of the POTUS mouth is wrong. 90% of polls are wrong, and 100% of this is correct!

Comment

Hi...

Yes, firearms should be kept out of the hands of the unqualified or dangerous people.

I'm just not sure what is meant by an "expanded" background check would consist of.

I heard (if it's true) that some people have been refused to purchase a gun just because they took some medication for depression some years in their past.

Comment

It doesn't really help if they don't even enforce the laws that we already have. I'm certainly not in favor of any more gun laws.

Comment

The gun-control advocates, including many of the elected officials, are being very dishonest about this question, and the polling question.

I heard a Brady spokesperson say that the Senators who voted against the measure will be held accountable because "they defied the overwhelming will of the people, of which more than 90% believe that it is reasonable to ask about 5 questions to anyone who walks into a gun shop to buy a gun."

Some call that "spin." I call that a lie.

Everyone who goes into a gun shop to buy a firearm is asked much more than a few questions, as you know. But the anti-gun crowd wants the part of the public (who have no experience buying a firearm) to think that the process for buying a gun is no different than buying a fishing rod - just go to the display rack, pick one out and pay at the cashier.

Lies. The current administration has been spreading them for more than 4 years now. The good news is that at least some of the media is catching on, and calling them on it. But we need a lot more to catch up. The Benghazi cover-up, IRS scandal, and now the theft of Associated Press phone records by the Eric Holder's Justice Department is exploding all at once. Holder is a pathological liar, as has been laid out by Fast and Furious and the current scandals. Others will be exposed, too.

Until they are all completley discredited, we need to stay vigilent to protect the 2nd Amendment, in order that we can preserve the rest of our Constitutional Rights.

"The most transparent administration in history" is proving to be the polar opposite.

Comment

This reminds me of my favorite Mark Twain quote" There are Lies, damn lies, and statistics". This what we are dealing with, statistics taken out of context, lies about the law, and damn lies regarding where criminals get their weapons. As Pathfinder1 said it depends how you word your question in the polling, how you structure your sampling, and when you ask it. Then there are the lies you use to set up your questions. For example, if you make statements like "Most criminals get their weapons at guns shows where there are no background checks". then ask the loaded question, "Do you support background checks at gun shows?" You will get a high affirmative answer. But it is not an honest polling question because the preamble is not reported when the survey results are being used in these 20 second TV talking points.

Comment

When did 90% of America ever agree on any THING? Lie Lie Lie, Most any thing said from Pres.Pinocchio his Ears grow larger....Now that's NO Lie.

Comment

All very good points BUT I would like to play the Devils Advocate. Politicians are in a tough place. They are the ones who are looked to for a solution when a bunch of kids get slaughtered. The big difference is it happened all at once and worse it made the News. They then have to come up with a politically correct and ABOVE ALL CHEAP METHOD to protect them. So what do they do? They pick a group who is 99% law biding and screw with a firearm that has harmed less people than a hammer. Put criminals in jail costs too many tax dollars. Institutionalize mentally ill costs too many tax dollars. Make it a crime for a teacher or health care provider to ignore a mental case. Don't get me started.
                          Then there are Politicians like Blomberg in charge of the most important city in America. Who had the bad luck of nothing happening on his watch. He has to ban Soda, Trans Fat and 30 round Mags to get noticed . Unlike his predecessor Giuliani] who held sway over 911 and got organized crime out of Private Sanitation and the Fulton Fish Market. It's tough to get noticed under those circumstances.

Comment

Seriously, that multiple choice questionnaire on the gun inquiry is pretty hard to flunk if you lie!The mentally ill aren't registered unless they have served time in an institution.We need to fix the laws we have not add more to the confusion!

Comment

They only poll their circle of friends who agree with them on all things and are shocked that 10% are off the reservation on this issue. So in their view 90% of those they talk to want universal background checks. But then, none of these people have any intention of buying a gun so would never need to go through the process. In reality no background check, universal or otherwise, would have prevented the incidents they are responding to because there is no process in place to flag the mentally disturbed. Background checks currently check for felony convictions and arrests for spousal abuse, but there is no data base for mentally disturbed that are likewise banned from buying guns. Even if there were, there are laws in place to prevent the doctors from divulging that needed information such as HIPA. The common denominator in all these incidents was that the perp was nuts. So if the nut lies on the form about being nuts the nut gets a gun despite the background check.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad