Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys. So i am doing a research project on the Vietnam war. and for part of my presentation i am allowed to, believe it or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys. So i am doing a research project on the Vietnam war. and for part of my presentation i am allowed to, believe it or

Hey guys. So i am doing a research project on the Vietnam war. and for part of my presentation i am allowed to, believe it or not, have a display of the different BULLETS used during the war (i am very persuasive). The point is to show how disorganized the war was and that many soldiers had to make do with what they had....but i digress. i have managed to find a sampler pack of .30 cal bullets for like 10 bucks. but i cannot find the other bullets i need. do any of you know where i can find cheap bullets? I don't need large quantities, they are only for display. i need, .22 cal (.223), .30 cal (for 30 carbine), .30 cal (30-06), and i possible, but not necessary, 5.56\*45. Thanks so much. -Jack

Not sure bout the 5.56x45, but the rest can be found at your sporting goods store, although .223 may be hard to find anywhere.

Comment

Don't forget the 7.62x51!

Comment

There are dummy rounds of most calibers on ebay for sale for decent prices. You'll need .45 acp as well.

Comment

If your just looking for the bullets you could check the backstop at your local rifle range when no one is there shooting. Full metal jackets are sometimes eroded out by rain in good condition. They are free and there are lots fired from military surplus. Don't forget 7.62x39 SKS and AK.

Comment

The 5.56X45 is the NATO round used in the M-16 early on the 55gr M193 was standard, then there is the MKII spr 77gr for the Navy and also snipers and also the M855 62gr green tip. All using q .223 diameter bullet. Since VietNam other variations and calibers have been developed for the AR type rifles.

Comment

I saw a few .38 Special revolvers in addition to the above rounds. I think Gunny Hathcock used a 300 Win sometimes for sniping.

Comment

I would recommend discussing your idea of bringing bullets into the class room with your teacher first. Live ammunition is generally not allowed on school grounds.

Comment

I would contact a local gun smith, they could make up some "dummy rounds" and then "certify" that they made you "dummy rounds" which you could then make copies and submit to your teacher, school board, etc so you will not end up as a "bad" news story! do not bring in any live ammo, regardless of what anyone tells you, all it takes is one nut-job to cause a fuss and you could end up with a criminal record that could prevent you from owning firearms in the future!

Comment

Mdhunter1, you'll excuse me, however, I take offense to your sarcasm your directing toward the G.I. and the Vietnam war. I don't know where or who is shoveling you your information about the war. I had a front row seat myself, and never once served along side of any other G.I.'s which were underarmed or in- adequatly armed. Your claim of disrganization only diplays your ignorance and desire to keep piling it on. I'd suggest you find another subject to do your report on, or if you insist on this war, do some investigative work on the atrocities committed by the viet cong and the n.v.a.. I've worked very hard at putting that conflict behind me but 42 yrs. later I'm still having nightmares.I find your question digusting and am dissapointed that this forum allowed it to be brought up and asked here!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad