Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went to a gun show today(Ohio) and just about everything is available - for a price. Single box .22lr is $10, a brick is $60.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went to a gun show today(Ohio) and just about everything is available - for a price. Single box .22lr is $10, a brick is $60.

I went to a gun show today(Ohio) and just about everything is available - for a price. Single box .22lr is $10, a brick is $60. Powder $27. 7.62x39 and .223 about $15 to $20 for 20. Primers $55 to $60/1000. Federal Safari.300WbyMag 180gr partition sealed primers and bullet-$50.00 I did not look at the AR's but they were there in spades. A lot of the .22lr ammo looked like fresh, current production package so maybe the shortage is starting to ease.

Yes the AR's have peaked now the ammunition has to make it there. It seems as if ammo cannot catch up and all the reseller's are getting smart not to annoy their customers by limiting amount you can buy and putting it on the shelves at all different times of the day instead of putting it all out at one time. However I've been in search of reasonable 9mm and can't find them anywhere along with 40s&w but 45's are readily available almost everywhere. 22lr you can't find unless you want to spend $75 a box from Joe Blow on the internet. 7.62x39mm are everywhere for the same price they were prior to the hoarding craze. A good website to visit to check some online retailers is gunbot.net.

Comment

I think that a lot of the early hoarders were opportunists out to make a profit on the resale of ammo at gun shows and through the classified ads in the newspapers.
      When prices start to come down, I think lot of the ammo will be dumped on the market at WalMart prices.

Comment

I agree, I can not see the shortage of .22lr, unless the manufacturers are focusing on other calibers and just not making any .22lr right now.

Comment

If folks refuse to pay inflated prices for things that they don't really need, supply will go up and prices will go down. If you have 50 rounds of .22LR, you really don't "NEED" anymore until prices come down. Stop supporting the fear mongers and stop wasting ammo shooting it into a dirt bank.

Comment

Ammo of all calibers is very hard to obtain up here in Maine. I shoot a 22 Magnum a lot and I always have a good supply but I'm starting to get a little concerned. Probably I'm the guy that shouldn't be shooting in a dirt bank so often!

Comment

I do not understand how .22lr can be in short supply. I watched a video on YouTube of CCI in Idaho and how they make the .22lr. They said they make 7 million rounds a DAY of just .22lr. That is just one Company. Somebody is buying a lot of ammo, or unless, like RJ said they are busy making something else??

Comment

jhjimbo, I'm with you. The .22LR thing just doesn't add up. Personally I've yet to hear an explanation that truly makes any sense. I guess manafacturers could be diverting resources elswhere. But if they can crank out 7 million rounds a day of a product that is in such demand one would tend to think that would be high on the priority list. Plus there had to be one helluva of supply on hand already when this whole thing got started.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad