Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So when will the gun and ammo shortage be over? What are your predictions and what makes you think so? I am hoping that it end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when will the gun and ammo shortage be over? What are your predictions and what makes you think so? I am hoping that it end

So when will the gun and ammo shortage be over? What are your predictions and what makes you think so? I am hoping that it ends in a couple of months, more realistically, I'm hoping it ends before the end of this year but, who knows, it may take the election of a republican president to end the shortages. What are your thoughts?

At least 4 months.

Comment

Yea, I'm thinking September, unless something stupid happens, and then who knows?

Comment

Utterly unpredictable. We've never been in a situation like this, with the president saying the defeat of his gun control bill was just round one.
        I have plenty of ammo, but would gladly pick up another box or two of something if it becomes available at a reasonable price.

Comment

Come to think about it, it was more than just the first round. It was a one round knockout.
          What he needs is a re-match. Lots of luck with that.

Comment

Depends on what happens next. Obama vowed to keep gun control in his sights. Could be a while...

Comment

Think guys!
              When did the last "shortage" start? November '08? Why?
              How long until we "recovered" from that fiasco?
              How about 4 years and counting! OR....we never did completely recover.
              With "Mr. I see it as just Round One" at the helm, you can forget seeing "normal" ever again!
              I would advise you to snap up whatever you can when you can. Even popular stuff you don't use. It WILL resell!
              As long as Obama, Biden and the Democrats are threatening the Second Amendment, THIS is the new "NORMAL"!

Comment

I went to a gun show today and just about everything is available - for a price. Single box .22lr is $10, a brick is $60. Powder $27. 7.62x39 and .223 about $15 to $20 for 20. Primers $55 to $60/1000. Federal Safari.300WbyMag 180gr partition sealed primers and bullet-$50.00 I did not look at the AR's but they were there in spades.
                A lot of the .22lr ammo looked like fresh, current production package so maybe the shortage is starting to ease.

Comment

I wonder how many really know that the right to bear arms has nothing to do with the second amendment. This is a basic human right and has been since the first rock was picked up and thrown at someone else for protection. The second amendment simply states that the government can not inhibit that basic right. This has been confirmed several times by the Supreme Court. The government, which includes the president, know that a ban on arms wouldn't fly and would be Impossible to enforce. The last bill voted on, and defeated in congress, would have only required background checks at gun shows and require releases to be signed for private sales. Solely to cut down on sales to criminals and mentally impaired. Something we all should want. The ammo and gun companies played us and did a very good job of it. They got us convinced that our guns were at risk and created a panic and are taking there sweet time filling it. Those who say, 'hold off for a while' are exactly right. As long as they keep us in panic mode, stuff is going to be tight and expensive.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad