Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the chaos of gun legislation finally blown over a little bit, how long do y'all think it'll be before we'll be able to find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the chaos of gun legislation finally blown over a little bit, how long do y'all think it'll be before we'll be able to find

With the chaos of gun legislation finally blown over a little bit, how long do y'all think it'll be before we'll be able to find .22LR ammo again?

Kinda like Yogi and his "It ain't over 'til it's over." statement, "It'll get there when it gets there!"
    Bioguy, I look for the new "normal" as scarce weapons, ammo and reloading supplies. I think with the priorities that Obama/Biden have set on obtaining SOME type of new law, I think the "hoarding" will continue to "a point"! It's gonna take just a little longer for suppliers to catch up than any time in the past.
    Obama viewed the defeat as, "I see this as just Round One."
    Biden opined, "If we don't get it today, we'll get it eventually."
    They AIN'T stopping and will continue pressing palms and pounding the bully pulpit until they get their way, front door, back door, HOWEVER (legal or otherwise!) they can!
    Those naive enough to think that Obama wouldn't issue a "confiscate" order if he thought he could get away with it are only kidding themselves!

Stand and fight!

GIVE 'EM NUTHIN'!

Comment

I was in the sporting goods section of my local WalMart this afternoon, and there was not one box of handgun ammo on the shelf.
      There were just a few boxes of .270 Win. and some shotshells, but no .22LR ammo. It may take a while to get back to normal.

Comment

i work at a gander mtn we were getting 30 calls a day with the same questions 223 ammo and 9mm. "Nope" do you know when you will be getting some in? " "no and if we do we will not hold it for someone on the phone.." what i wanted to say after three weeks or so of these calls was" in the time you took to call to ask it will be gone because i bought it and i charge 5-10 times what its worth so beat me to it or stop calling." (p.s never bought it cause we never got it.) my boss said smith and wesson and rugar are up to 90000 orders behind stil. The sad thing is someone could consider this creating jobs and the wave on the market comes down when the hysteria goes away.

Comment

I don't think the threat of pending legislation was entirely responsible for the purchasing and hoarding. At issue is the U.S. Government's stated priority for the components we all rely on - the brass, tin, antimony, zinc, lead, the powder and primers, etc.
          When the governments contracts and requirements are satisfied, the commercial needs of the civilian market are the next priority. I hope the situation improves, but I don't think we'll see things return to normal for a while.
          In the balance of supply and demand, demand clearly outweighs supply and despite the best efforts of our manufacturers, I haven't seen the shelves this bare for this long in the past. I'm avoiding pessimism, but I think it's going to take quite a while before prices drop because, like the price of gasoline, we've accepted the greatly increased prices without significant impact on demand, and that opens a temporary (?) opportunity for profiteering at some level of the supply chain. Retailers in my area are selling as quickly as ammunition arrives.

Comment

It's scary but this could be the "new normal" for quite a while. I'm sure glad I stockpiled when prices were reasonable.

Comment

well safado, we know where the ammo went. kidding!

it will probably be a few more months at least. I have some .243, some .22, plenty of 20 gauge and 12 gauge shells and slugs, and some .410. since ammo is expensive and hard to find now I have been practicing with my airguns. its a good idea because pellets are cheap and nobody's hording them. one of my friends went to buy some .22 ammo right as this craziness started and all they had was boxes of 50. then he told me that he would just wait until they got 500 round boxes in.

bad idea.

Comment

I heard back in the winter that it won't start clearing up before November. Buddy of mine saw .22LR bricks going for $60 at a show.

Comment

Saw online that DHS is buying huge amounts of ammo and that is a large part of the problem. Don't know if it's true but I've seen this several times. Might take until Komrad Obomber is out of office and who nows when that will be???

Comment

Lat week I saw 22lr bricks going for $85!!!! I understand supply and demand, but usury is immoral.

Comment

RJ - I was watching some auctions on Gun Broker that were selling .22 ammo for around $0.26 a round! That's utterly ridiculous. I think the ammo shortage will continue for quite some time.

Comment

I was at a big show in Tulsa and the average for a brick of 500 rounds of .22 LR was $80. The Cheapest was $65 and the most expensive was $210.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad