Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have been looking at 1911 handguns. I had it narrowed down to 2, Rock Island Amory and Remington R1. I purchased the Remington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been looking at 1911 handguns. I had it narrowed down to 2, Rock Island Amory and Remington R1. I purchased the Remington

I have been looking at 1911 handguns. I had it narrowed down to 2, Rock Island Amory and Remington R1. I purchased the Remington because it has a thinner profile,smoother action and ust felt good in hand.The rock Island was a little bulkier and didnt feel as good in hand but was $300 cheaper. I was told it was a very reliable Pistol? What can yall tell me About Rock Island Armory? I also know they are manufactured in th Phillipines, other than that I dont know much?

I've only "looked" at the Rem, but I have a Rock Island. It's a handful but very pleasant to shoot. I consider it quite reliable and as accurate as my aged, shaky hands can expect. I can keep 3 rounds in a 9" circle at 15 feet.
    I really like the RI, but find it cumbersome to carry concealed. Being large myself, I find it difficult to conceal a "lump" that large! (another lump?)
    As far as assembly location? I can't answer that.

Comment

Take a look at the Ruger SR1911. The price is right, all USA made, and reviews from owners are very good. The only negative is the wait time to get one.

Comment

I just bought a RIA in 38 super and so far haven't had a problem other than the Berry's bullets I put through it it is very accurate. I can't wait to get some Speer GD or Sierra's in it.

Comment

I can first hand support walt in wi regarding the Ruger. A friend owns one that we have shot extensively and as you would expect from a Ruger, it is durable, accurate, and reliable. Nice features for the money as well. idduckhntr I would love to have a Super so will take you opinion on the RI under advisement. Last night I saw two Pythons go locally at auction for $1500.00 and $1700.00 each. I never got a chance to bid. Ouch!!!

Comment

Ish, I am going to upgrade the heck out of this Super. I cannot complain about the out of box accuracy at 20 yrds I put 8 Win Silver Tips in a group the size of a silver dollar.

Comment

idduckhntr - That group is about what I would expect from a Ransom rest. You should be in the Olympics.

Comment

idduckhntr - you might consider a Kimber; put 10 in a quarter and get change from your dollar! ... These are all nice pistols.

Comment

Dakota, looked at one in a Kimber just have to much on my plate right now to put the money down on one. I am going to switch every thing on the RI to Wilson over time but for out of the box performance I can't complain. Just don't like the Berry's bullets.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad