Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weatherby Vanguard 2 300 win mag review. See first post

Weatherby Vanguard 2 300 win mag review. See first post

I mounted a 4-14x40 Nikon Coyote special and had Weatherby install a muzzle brake. The rifle is nicely balanced and the weight helps with the recoil but not too heavy to carry. The matte finish on the rifle is nice and looks good. Its the only rifle I own with a matte finish and I really like it. The bolt action is smooth and does not have hardly any play in it unlike my rugers which have some play in the action. The stock rest or cheek rest helps out with scope alignment well. The rest of the stock feels good and you can get a good grip on the rifle. Now for the trigger. All of my other rifles have just a plain standard trigger in them. This two stage trigger is going to take a little to get use to. After the first 15 shots or so I was getting settled in as I touched the trigger I applied some pressure as I was getting ready to shoot and forgot about the easy trigger pull and it went off. I threw the bullet a little off target. However the trigger is awesome once I get use to it. The muzzle brake really took off the sharp kick like a mule recoil down a lot. My wife shot a few rounds and had no problem with the recoil. I had my 308 out as well and it was kicking harder than the 300 win mag with the brake installed. The factory sent a muzzle cap if I wanted to shoot it without the brake I forgot it at home so did not get the chance to compare. I will post that comparison when I do. Overall a great rifle well worth its money.

Comment

Congratulations on your new rifle! Enjoy.

Comment

This is a great rifle. You will enjoy! If you get into reloading, you will see that you don't always have to be shooting the largest bullet known to mankind. You can plink varmints out to 500 yards with 110g that have much lighter recoil than your .308 without the muzzle break. 125-130bullets fly and will penetrate a couple of deer lengthways. Just make sure you shoot them in the high rear shoulder so you don't ruin too much meat. You can also shoot Berger 210g bullets at 1000 yards and its accuracy may just surprise you.

Comment

Congrads..may you enjoy your New Rifle for a life Time!
          Whats next on your List...30/30?..204?..22/250?

Comment

well I have two 300 mags and one 308 so if I do get something its going to be smaller so my kids can shoot got a 11 year old that wants to hunt I have a single shot 243 so that might do for a while.

Comment

As for reloads my dad and I have had great success in accuracy and killing power with the Nosler 180 grain Partition Protected points. But with the new gun and with the invention of the Accubond I am trying the 180 grain accubond. Both loads were chronographed this last weekend and both are right at 2900 fps. As for accuracy on the new rifle I will test that this weekend if the weather is good.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The George Floyd case.
                by 99explorer
                I do feel sorry for those rookie cops on the scene who had their backs to the brutality being committed by their senior officer.
                Today, 06:00 PM
              • The George Floyd case.
                by FirstBubba
                Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                Minnesota...
                Yesterday, 10:23 PM
              • Reply to How do you fly ?
                by DakotaMan
                I tend to buy scopes to fill a need that I already have in hand. I always shop hard and can usually find a good deal somewhere on the planet when I am...
                Today, 05:48 PM
              • How do you fly ?
                by jhjimbo
                Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
                Today, 04:18 PM
              • Reply to Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
                by dewman
                As long as no lightning I don't care if it rains.
                Today, 05:45 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X