Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have this old stevens pump shotgun that me and my grandfather just fixed up. i had to order parts for it and everything on it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have this old stevens pump shotgun that me and my grandfather just fixed up. i had to order parts for it and everything on it

i have this old stevens pump shotgun that me and my grandfather just fixed up. i had to order parts for it and everything on it is working..but it seems like someone sawed afew inches from the barrel and there is no sight. there is a hole for the sight to go in but the one i odered dosent fit. does anyone know how to get a sight put on it? (that may have been vauge if you may be able to help but have questions just leave them in a comment, ill awnser them as sson as i can)

The sight is not the problem, the 2" sawed off may have taken the choke with it. If so, it would probably not shoot too good. See what the barrel is marked as far a choke and go from there.

Comment

I would also measure the barrel and make sure you have a good 18 inches, or you may be in trouble with the law.

Comment

If the thread on the new sight is larger than the hole in the barrel. You are in luck just re tap the hole use a little lock tight. As far as the choke. Use a caliber to measure the barrel. Even if it's an improved cylinder you could use it as a rabbit gun. Like 99 said if it's under 18" you'll have some explaining to do.

Comment

Most Gun Repair shops have an assortment size of Shotgun beads and some are self tappers,with the Bbl cut back make sure its at least 18", you mite have a Cyl-bore choke...Not bad for Slugs or close-up Birds.

Note: if the Bbl is shorter then{18"} have a Poly-Choke Installed it will add {2"}and give you all the Choke with a twist of the hand and the Barrel will be legal.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad