Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I plan on buying a beginners shotgun and have been looking at the 12g 870 express. I've heard mixed reviews. What are your opi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMO~ The New 870 are almost all plastic innerds? Buy Old Used Rem/870 or Win/12 any thing made before 1990.

Comment

thehunter 98.6, do a internet search for reviews on the 870 like I said check this website. The new ones quality is subpar at best. I didn't do my research when I bought mine in 2009 and have regretted buying ever since until two weeks ago when I traded it. The two major complaints are as I stated and they are extremely common complaints. I realize there are some good ones out there but it seems there are far more bad than good. As I mentioned countless times on this site, if Remington spent more money on quality control and less on celebrity promoters (Bret Farve) they could possibly make a quality entry level shotgun. I don't see it happening, they will use their reputation for as long as they can.

Coffeecupmike, You don't have to believe me but before you jump into it read more reviews. I have nothing against Remington other than their junk status on the 870 express new models only. I would recommend the BPS I have a Winchester SXP I love, a mossburg over 870. Look around for deals on older models that can be had for cheaper and far superior quality.

Comment

Dcast I see what you mean but I've put thousands of rounds through my 870 express(which I recently got) and I haven't had any problems.

Comment

i have an 870 express and there really good guns. they can stand up to years of abuse. overall a good gun

Comment

Thanks everybody, I found a 1992 Wingmaster 12 ga that looks to have hardly been used for $400 at my local shop. It comes with a full choke and 28" barrel. The only curious thing is there is etchiong on the side of the receiver. Does anybody have any ideas of the model.
            I dated it my self using the serial number and post from the gun buyer's guide

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad