Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There could be a vote tomorrow, 4/11 on gun legislation - including background checks. The following is a phone number to get t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There could be a vote tomorrow, 4/11 on gun legislation - including background checks. The following is a phone number to get t

There could be a vote tomorrow, 4/11 on gun legislation - including background checks. The following is a phone number to get to your State Senator. There are a lot of discussions going on right now regarding various anti-gun legislation at the State and Federal level. Here is a number to get you connected to your Senators office to express your opinion. Call the number below. [A recording] will ask if you want talking points - just hit 1 to bypass that. [The recording] will then ask for your zip code to pass you on to your Senator. They will only bother sending you to a pro-gun senator in an attempt to get you to sway them to vote anti-gun. [When you're patched through to the senator's office,] let them know you oppose any new gun control legislation. Feel free to pass this on to your pro-gun family and friends. 855-440-4800

Thanks for the number but considering I live in California I doubt Feinstein and Boxer care what I think, and at the state level it's not any better.

Comment

I agree with jhjimbo on calling your representative but I would also suggest that you ask questions too. I made a nuisance of myself with Senator Manchin's office about this until his chief of staff called me and spent just over 30 minutes explaining and discussing the Manchin-Tooney amendment with me. While I'm not a fan of expanded background checks per sey, I'm a bit less apprehensive than I was. He is to send me a copy of the bill to read and I agreed to spread the word if I agreed. He told me that b/g checks at gun shows would be conducted by FFL holders who are already there, probably for a fee or percentage, same as across the counter. But, there are also some good things in there. CCW permit holders will be excused from b/g checks as they have already gone thru one to get their permit, it will become legal to buy handguns in somewhere other than your state of residence (it's high time for that!), and anyone caught compiling b/g check info for registration data base purposes will be guilty of a felony and looking at as much as 15 years in the pen. Understand, this is what I was told and agreed, as WAM said when I shared this with him, politicians have been known to shade the truth, but once I read the bill I will be happy to share more with you on here. Anyway, do call your elected officials, let them know where you stand, but also ask lots and lots of questions. Regards, all.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
        by Ontario Honker Hunter
        Pighunter: Someone on here some years back made a big deal about being Jewish and not caring for Christian morality shoved in his face. I couldn't remember...
        Today, 02:22 PM
      • 16 Years
        by jhjimbo
        So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
        Yesterday, 09:20 PM
      • Reply to Another New Upper
        by DakotaMan
        I haven't tried the 6.5 Grendel PH. It is a pretty powerful close range cartridge for its size but it isn't fast enough with those heavier bullets to...
        Today, 02:20 PM
      • Another New Upper
        by DakotaMan
        Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
        Today, 12:54 PM
      • Reply to Another New Upper
        by DakotaMan
        He used H4350 and the Berger 105g Hybrid. He cleaned it religiously but didn't know about carbon ring until I saw the barrel. Overbore cartridges cause...
        Today, 02:11 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X