Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom gun builders aside, who makes the best model 1911A1 pistol on the market today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom gun builders aside, who makes the best model 1911A1 pistol on the market today?

Custom gun builders aside, who makes the best model 1911A1 pistol on the market today?

My nephew has the Kimber with the .22 conversion and really likes them.
    I have the least expensive .45 i could find but i still favor my .40 glock because of the large capacity mag.

Comment

Kimber makes a great .45. I have had one now for about 11 years now and it shoots better today than when I got it. Excellent trigger, great slide, and accurate.

Comment

rock river arms makes some good .45 1911s.

Comment

Colt and Remington.

Comment

Kimber.
            Brock Holloway- After my one and only experience with a Rock River Arms Commander style, I would not have said weapon for a trot-line weight.

Comment

I'd say Colt.

Comment

Colt.

Comment

I'm very pleased with my Kimber Custom II. It has digested about 2800 rounds, many of them reloads, and operates accurately and reliably as long as I keep it clean.

Comment

kimber...i suppose les baer makes a good one, but i havent shot one yet.

Comment

Having just purchased a Sig 1911, the action is smooth as silk and man is it accurate. Of course, all my non-revolvers are Sigs, so I might be partial to them.

Comment

I also have a Kimber Custom II. I could not be happier with it and have a hard time imagining something that would be better other than in cosmetics (gold plated, ivory grips, etc). It is highly reliable and above all is extremely accurate. I used to shoot competitively many years ago and would have to pay an additional $2000 for accuracy work to make top notch pistols anywhere near as accurate. The Kimber comes that way today out of the box.

Most 1911s nowadays go bang when you pull the trigger. This one does that but allows you to consistently hit a dime at 20 yards if you have a steady hand.

Comment

My smith and wesson and Sig Sauer have put my colt and springfield to shame. My smith shot super tight groups right out of the box. My third choice would be my kimber custom.

Comment

"Best" means for whatever specific purpose you need.

For shooting tiny groups in competition, it is Kimber.

Comment

Proverbs is right.
                              For self defense, you don't need a competition grade target pistol. You need reliability.
                              For eye appeal, you want high quality fit and finish.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad