Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was thinking about buying a ruger GP 100 in 357 mag does anyone have this gun what do you think about it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thinking about buying a ruger GP 100 in 357 mag does anyone have this gun what do you think about it.

I was thinking about buying a ruger GP 100 in 357 mag does anyone have this gun what do you think about it.

The RUGER GP/100 in 357Mag is Out-Standing with a 4"Bbl. New or Used.

Comment

In total agreement with Treestand, would only add to look for one with adjustable sights.

Comment

A friend (LEO) has one for his carry off-duty gun and likes it.

Comment

They are a pretty well-built revolver. Triggers are so-so to someone that cut their teeth on Smiths. They are not underbuilt. If you've never fired a .357 before, be aware that full-power loads have some pop to them. Big fireball and percussive WHAP! I could feel it in my sinus' with a 6 inch 686. But, you can always load down or use 38 specials. Everyone should have a 357 in my opinion.

PS: Why are so many lawmen named "LEO?" Good name, but still...

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

I have one in 4" SS, with Wilson Combat trigger and springs, Hogue racing grips, and Wilson sights. My other GP is 6" blued version with gunsmith-worked 2-pound trigger, factory sights (adjustable).

The 4" has helped me win numerous 7-pin competitions for revolvers. The 6" has taken deer and a few coyotes and foxes, and won several turkey shoots.

I've been through plenty of revolvers, and I choose GP for .357

Hard to find a better .357. They are fairly heavy and thus are not ideal for personal defense carry, IMO.

Comment

Make that 5-pin, not seven.

Comment

I have one w/adjust. sights- great piece! I scoped it, but realized I liked it better without; .38's make it a nice plinker too (assuming you can find .38 rounds these days....or any pistol round for that matter). And the beauty of it is- it's a revolver- I've never heard of one jamming, or stove-piping a round!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                    by franchi20
                    I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors to the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of...
                    Today, 07:40 PM
                  • Debate #2: new rules
                    by FirstBubba
                    New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                    The "Biden Campaign"!...
                    10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                  • Reply to What's after Trump?
                    by franchi20
                    Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                    Today, 07:34 PM
                  • What's after Trump?
                    by FirstBubba
                    No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                    There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                    Today, 01:46 PM
                  • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                    by fitch270
                    The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                    Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X