Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.22 lr pistols: Browning Buckmark, Ruger mark III, or Sig Sauer 1911. Which is best, or what do you like. Under $450 is best.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .22 lr pistols: Browning Buckmark, Ruger mark III, or Sig Sauer 1911. Which is best, or what do you like. Under $450 is best.

.22 lr pistols: Browning Buckmark, Ruger mark III, or Sig Sauer 1911. Which is best, or what do you like. Under $450 is best.

I have a beretta neos and a smith and wesson 22a both are under $250 and they shoot great, I use the beretta with a red dot to squirrel hunt.

Comment

Tough to beat the Ruger Mk III! The Ruger design has been on the market a LONG time and has been proven to be reliable and relatively problem free.
      The ONLY problem I've EVER had with my Mk III was due to "dirty" ammo. A good scrubbing solved that problem. The Ruger is pretty easy to strip and clean in the field. (though I've never tried with any of the others)
      My wife carries a Walther P22. It's a really nice little gun but I don't think it would be apropriate for "hunting", per se.

Comment

I have the Walther P22 and just picked up a Sig Sauer 1911/22. Hands down the Sig 1911/22 is superior. It cost me $399 brand new. I just put 250 rounds through it without a jam. And boy is it accurate. It looks, operates and weighs about the same as a 1911. The only things I don't like about mine is it has a magazine safety (probably a California thing)and does not come with a spare clip. It also has the normal ambidextrous safety and grip safety. Disassembly is a little different than a 1911 but this is a great gun. I've shot the Ruger, they jam. The Walther will jam too. Try the 1911 I think you will like it.

Comment

When I was looking at .22 pistols for target shooting and small game a few years ago, it came down to the Ruger MKIII or the Buck Mark. I ended up with the Browning because it seemed to fit my hand better and the price at that time was a little lower. The Browning is very reliable and accurate with a 5.5-inch bull barrel. I’ve shot the MKIII too, and they are great. I also really like Ruger’s .22 revolvers, but they tend to cost more than the semi-autos.

Comment

The Browning Challenger, 6 3/4" barrel is a nice gun. The original made about 1967 in Belgium. I have shot on indoor pistol teams and also used it for squirrels. Never a malfunction.
            If you can find a used one in nice condition they are worth the $$. Check Gunbroker.com

Comment

Don't rule out the Ruger SR22. Our club just bought one and we used it this year as a trainer in my personal defense class. I put it through its paces and have nothing but good things to say about it.

Comment

I just got a Ruger SR22 recently and I love it! It's small enough to fit in a pocket, but still fits the hand real well and best of all it's easy to break down and clean.

Comment

Just bought a Ruger Mk II target pistol, made in 1985.

After I downloaded the owners manual from the Ruger website (good customer service) and completely field striped the piece I could see that it was filthy. Apparently the previous owner had never taken the opportunity to strip any of the screws or bend anything, so it's all good.

After 2 hours of scrubbing it looks like new, trigger is crisp, bore bright, and action very smooth.

I have to say that if an all metal USA made piece is still like new after 30 years with very little (if any) maintenance it is made like a "brick house".

Still have to test it on the range but the bore is shiny with no pits or fouling.

Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                    by franchi20
                    I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors to the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of...
                    Today, 07:40 PM
                  • Debate #2: new rules
                    by FirstBubba
                    New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                    The "Biden Campaign"!...
                    10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                  • Reply to What's after Trump?
                    by franchi20
                    Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                    Today, 07:34 PM
                  • What's after Trump?
                    by FirstBubba
                    No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                    There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                    Today, 01:46 PM
                  • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                    by fitch270
                    The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                    Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X