Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't find any .22 LR ammo anywhere. What is the reason for the ammo shortage and when can I expect to see it back on shelves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't find any .22 LR ammo anywhere. What is the reason for the ammo shortage and when can I expect to see it back on shelves

I can't find any .22 LR ammo anywhere. What is the reason for the ammo shortage and when can I expect to see it back on shelves?

Proposed gun legislation is still being discussed by Congress. More discussions to start up after Easter break. The Ammo shortage will continue as long as the gun issue is under discussion as people are buying up any they can find as fast as they can.

Comment

My local Gander Mountain store has limited amounts of CCI.22LR ammo behind the counter, but the customer has to take a number and wait.
      I think jimbo is right, and as long as we have the prospect of new gun control legislation hanging over our heads, we will continue to have shortages.

Comment

If you go to your local Walmart in the morning, normally a little after 8AM on certain days you might find some remington subsonic.

Comment

If you Camp-out over night at your local W*M you may get (3)boxes of Ammo. or have some one that works at W*M do a buy for you!

Comment

I had heard my local bass pro had some, but that was a few weeks ago and everybody i kknow headed out there to get some. We asked the guy at the local sporting store when the next shipment was coming in and he said thursday at noon. I showed up on thursday at noon, he said that their were only six boxs and they were sold within the first 30 seconds off the truck, never made it to the shelf. That ought to tell you how bad it is.

Comment

Between the "gun control" issue and the massive ammo purchase by the Gov't, ammo manufacturers are hard pressed to meet demand.
              If some type "gun control" passes other than "enhanced" (re: useless!) background check, look for ammo to get even scarcer as "panic" buying will probably increase.
              Otherwise, you'll just have to bide your time until ammo makers catch up. My "guess" is probably 6 months to a year to get back to normal.
              Most ammo makers have Gov't contracts that take precedence over "civilian" sales.
              No fact, just supposition on my part. Good luck.

Comment

Some idiots we elected seem to think that when a mental case steals a gun and uses it to slaughter a bunch of kids that the problem was the gun and related items such as magazines and ammo rather than the nut case. So they rush to restrict the guns, magazines and ammo. It is simple economics. When supply is threatened, demand will skyrocket. Well the morons in government are threatening supply, so demand has resulted in fear and shooters buying ammo, especially non-reloadable ammo like rimfire .22, where ever and whenever they find it. It doesn't help that the government is also buying up ammo at never before seen rates. Homeland Security has bought more ammo than was used in the entire Iraq war. Why that is happening is still unknown and is the fodder for some scary conjecture. So join the crowd and buy it when ever and where ever you find it. Its sort of like a treasure hunt with a purpose.

Comment

Ammo companies are running at full capacity and cannot keep up with demand. As long as gun legislation is on the table, don't expect to see any .22lr on the shelves.

Comment

As soon as Homeland Security gets the 1.6 billion rounds they have on order and the safes of LEGAL gun owners are full then and only then will you see ammo back on the shelf. Whatever you can find now is way over priced. I have quite a bit of ammo but have been searching for more and just can't get the calibers I need. Maybe by the end of summer of 2013.

Comment

Gun legislation? All of you greedy terrified people run all of the ammunition out while I am denied my 2nd amendment right to shoot my collection of .22's. That is all I shoot these days. The gun lobby has such a captive audience; all they have to do is plant a rumor and people go scurrying off to all of the stores early in the morning to hoard all of the .22's at incredibly inflated prices. That is why I won't purchase ammunition at gun shows. The nimrods there think they can get 50 cents a round for .22 rimfire.

If you want to get involved then vote otherwise find some other hobby to scalp the law abiding people on. Meanwhile my guns gather dust. Now that's America.

Comment

Whatever is happening, it is obviously quite deliberate. If the government thinks this will give them the result they seek, they are sadly mistaken. It NEVER pays to piss of the constituents. And when they figure out they've been hornswoggled, they WILL be pissed! What, you think the government can keep ANYTHING a secret for long? Only till the next election cycle. Do as Colorado did , THROW THE COMMIE BUMS OUT!

Comment

Was in Arkansas last week, at a gun shop, trying to find .22 LR because there aren't any in GA. I was talking to the owner and he had an interesting story he told me. He said that the driver, that always delivers his ammo from Remington, had told him about a secret delivery he had mad a week before. The driver told him that he was sent to a secluded, fenced in and guarded location in the middle of no where with a tractor trailer full of ammo. The driver just happened to have looked at the shipping manifest and saw there were 10K+ rounds of .22LRs besides other calibers. He had to let the personnel there drive in the truck for security reasons. An hour or so later, he got his truck back empty. Now what does the Govn't need .22LR's for except to remove them from the supply chain. Just another reason I no longer trust this group of morons we having running things right now!

Comment

As long as we continue to elect a liberal gun control advocate people will hoard guns and ammunition, especially ammunition. Its been said that americans own 10 guns per household, buying up ammunition in bulk, fearing that the goverment is going to do away with the second ammendment is a natural reaction. Vote these people out and get back to the dayswhen the shelves are stocked full again.

Comment

But why 22? At my local Dicks sporting goods, 12 gauge all over the floor, but no 22.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad