Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking for a scope for my ar-15, and I was thinking about the Nikon Prostaff for about $150, do yall have any other sugges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for a scope for my ar-15, and I was thinking about the Nikon Prostaff for about $150, do yall have any other sugges

I am looking for a scope for my ar-15, and I was thinking about the Nikon Prostaff for about $150, do yall have any other suggestions? I would like to stay at $150 or less

I would look into barska, in my experience they are clearer then the prostaff, that is comparing my Ridgeline Barska to my uncles equal power, higher cost prostaff, and i have shot 2 deer with it in one year, from 100-150 yards. My 3-9 was 80 dollars in camo, so a black one might be a little less, and depending on the model and magnification it wouldnt go over 150.

Comment

I've got a prostaff (2-7x40 I think) that I use on my 870 when its in slug-configuration.

I've used it for two deer seasons now and love it.

Comment

Leupold AR Rifle scope http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shooting/products/scopes/

Comment

i am not sure what you like but on my ar i really like the red dot i have a aimpoint but it depends on your use for the gun i shoot ground hogs the occasional coyote but mostly the target i have guns to shoot everythinh else with

Comment

I have a prostaff 2-7 and a 3-9, I prefer the 3-9 since it gets you out there just a bit more. The price might be just over your range unless you pick one up at Walmart which has started carrying them. I prefer to go somewhere where they will bore site for free though just to save on ammo.

Comment

Good choice. Also check withe Bushnell too.

Comment

For $150 or less, your best bet is some sort of red dot sight. It's pretty hard to get a high quality scope for $150. Good red dots can definitely be found in this price range, and are perfect for AR's, unless you are planning on using it as a varmint rifle or other long range/precision applications. You can get a 2x or 1x model, and some have both green and red dots. They are very fast and fun, and you can shoot very easily with both eyes open - which is good if you want to really tear things up!

Comment

Depends on what you want to do with it. If it is for deer hunting a couple of days a year only, a good light 2-7 or 3-9 with clearest view will do a great job for you. I have a Bushmaster Varminter that is very accurate and I have garnered great enjoyment out of it shooting targets at 100-600 yards. On that one I have a Millett (now Bushnell) 6-25x50 and I love it. It is now more than $250 but may be coming down in price. There is another off brand similar to that at $130 but I can't think of its name and the dealer said it was the next best seller after the Millett. I looked through it and it was very clear with mil dot lighted reticle. With my scope I can literally see a house fly at 100 yards and can put the cross hairs right between his shoulder blades. One thing I have noticed, is that the low recoil of an AR15 allows you to use a variety of less expensive scopes and still maintain accuracy. If your AR is accurate, you might consider this for even more enjoyment.

Comment

Agreed with DakotaMan and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 300 yard .22lr
                      by fitch270
                      I wouldn’t spend that much on a 10/22 but I might on a bolt gun. For that kind of money I expect some style to go with it, of the Cooper or Annie level....
                      Today, 01:40 PM
                    • 300 yard .22lr
                      by jhjimbo
                      Would you spend $900 for a Ruger 10/22 to shoot 300yds ? A little over 1" at 100 and a little 0ver 6" at 300yds. Lapua and SK ammo used....
                      Today, 11:28 AM
                    • Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                      by jhjimbo
                      I like the Remington Golden Saber Black Belt 147gr 9mm (not +P) and the 180gr in .40. Check out the statistics. Some LEO friends always suggest the heavy...
                      Today, 01:28 PM
                    • Cheaper Than Dirt
                      by jhjimbo
                      Lots of ammo back in stock, but the prices are right up there to....
                      Today, 12:21 PM
                    • Reply to Trump
                      by Ontario Honker Hunter
                      So Trumpish. Everything is about looking for dirt. Or making it up (e.g. the "birther" crap). The guy couldn't win on his merits ... because...
                      Today, 01:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X