Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a follow up to my previous question. Does anyone know of a .22 rifle that can fire both short rounds and Long Rifle roun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a follow up to my previous question. Does anyone know of a .22 rifle that can fire both short rounds and Long Rifle roun

This is a follow up to my previous question. Does anyone know of a .22 rifle that can fire both short rounds and Long Rifle rounds and is bolt action. If possible is there one under 400 dollars and American made. Thanks.

You're most likely looking at a single shot. A repeater would almost certainly be tube fed. Cartridge length prohibits clip feed and feed reliability.
    If I were that interested in shooting both, I think I'd go with a single shot.

Comment

Mossberg made a model 350, 353 series bolt & semi auto. I do not think they are still in production. But they had a 7 round clip adjustable to short, long and long rifle. I own one and it never jammed. You might be able to pick one up for $150.

Comment

I do not know where you can find a new model. I do know that when looking for the same thing, I found what I was looking for used, usually at gun shows, estate sales or on-line. There are countless ones out there, many are in great condition (some very dusty) and are priced right. Keep your ears & eyes open, and be ready to strike.

Comment

Like what firstbubba said, i would be tube fed. I have a remington fieldmaster that will fire shorts, long and long rifle. I think they are a little over your budget but look into it. Although its a pump, it the most accurate .22 I own.

Comment

If reduced power is what you are looking for i think you can get .22lr reduced loads. They also have less noise. In normal times they were around, now with the ammo market turned upside down no telling when you will see them. Anyway, if you find them it will solve the problem of shooting in a bolt or pump.

Comment

Does anybody really shoot shorts anymore?

Comment

Yes, jay.
                I find shorts perfect for the chicken house. Does the job on snakes and doesn't stir up the laying hens. Shake up the "ladies" and they quit laying for 6 or 7 days.
                Work well in the garden too for rabbits, 'dillers and rats.

Comment

I can't even remember the last time I've seen a box of shorts.

Comment

Jay,
                    With this ammo shortage you would be surprised what you'll see. I recently passed on a brick of shorts only becasue I could buy a brick of 22 lr for $49. I thought I was crazy to pay that much though!

Comment

I was at a Flea Market yesterday and 100 Rounds packs of Remington Gold .22Shorts and .22Longs were $45.00 a Box
                      and People were Buying them????

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad