Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I find the "two shot" method for sighting in a rifle scope? It was published a couple of years ago, but I can't find m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I find the "two shot" method for sighting in a rifle scope? It was published a couple of years ago, but I can't find m

Where do I find the "two shot" method for sighting in a rifle scope? It was published a couple of years ago, but I can't find my copy

Don't know where to find the article, but I wouldn't trust a firearm that only had 2 shots run through it to sight it in.

Comment

Take your first shot from a secure rest IE lead sled. Then without moving your rifle from it's original position. Adjust your scope cross hairs to the bullet hole of your first shot. You can take a third shot to fine tune your rifle. That is the theory.

Comment

+1~~Carl Huber Good Job....and it doze work.

Comment

I'm glad that Carl mentioned the fact that this is a theory. If it actually worked, it would be a one-shot system.
          Fire one shot, make the adjustment, and without confirming that it took, pack up and go home.
          In reality, the confirming shot will tell you that there is a second bullet hole on the target, requiring another adjustment. One more confirming shot will tell you that there is a third bullet hole in the target, requiring still another adjustment, and so ad infinitum.
          As the barrel heats up, you will find yourself chasing bullet holes all over the place. Humbug!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
            by FirstBubba
            I was just trying to be kind! 😂!🤣!...
            Today, 10:07 PM
          • 16 Years
            by jhjimbo
            So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
            08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
          • Reply to Crickets !!
            by rock rat
            I know people in Taiwan, Singapore, and China. The first outbreak of Covid was followed in minute detail as no one had any idea if it could be controlled...
            Today, 10:06 PM
          • Crickets !!
            by bowhunter75richard
            Some time ago, I asked our liberal/progressive ‘friends’ on the site to give just one item on the D’s agenda that would benefit the American people...
            Yesterday, 05:27 PM
          • Reply to More Bad News....
            by WA Mtnhunter
            Thanks all, for all the kind words and expressions of sympathy. I truly appreciate it. It takes a man who has lost a fine canine companion to truly understand....
            Today, 10:04 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X