Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an AR 15 lower from Stag Arms in .223. I really wanted a 308 for the power and distance. My gun shop says I can put oth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an AR 15 lower from Stag Arms in .223. I really wanted a 308 for the power and distance. My gun shop says I can put oth

I have an AR 15 lower from Stag Arms in .223. I really wanted a 308 for the power and distance. My gun shop says I can put other cartridges into the lower similar in size to the 223. I want more power and distance in a commonly available cartridge size. Does anyone have any suggestions short of finding a gun in 308?

In case you were wondering I wanted a cartridge for at least deer size game. Thanks!

Comment

Check out the 6.8, and the 6.5. I don't have either, but I hear they kill deer very well! And actually have a good bit of reach on them.

Comment

I would go with the 264/6.5 in 129 grain

Comment

you can by either a .300 AAC blackout barrel or an entire upper and it will fit on on your .223 lower. you can use .223 magazines and the .300 AAC blackout rounds will fit in them.

i have looked at this option for my M&P in .223. but after looking at the ballistics for this caliber, it drops like a rock, not flat shooting. besides this is also not what i would call a hunting round, its more of a combat round.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad