Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What action do you prefer on your shotguns, rifles, and handguns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chewylouie
    replied
    I like pump and single shot shotguns, bolt action rifle (never shot a lever, but I would like to), and I haven't shot many handguns but we do have a semi-auto 22 pistol and I like it. I am also thinking about getting a revolver.

Leave a comment:

• Pathfinder1
    replied
    Hi...

Prefer the semi-autos for all...lever for deer is second choice.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    Shotgun: Pump
    Rifle: Mauser style bolt action
    Handgun: Revolver

Not to say I don't enjoy shooting most of the others. They are the ones I use when it must go bang.

Leave a comment:

• DEER30
    replied
    whatever goes BOOM!

I have pump-action, semi-auto, double-barrel, single shot, shotguns, lever-action, bolt-action, semi-auto rifles, and I have shot single-action and double-action revolvers and auto handguns. I love them all and each have a particular use in the field.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Shotgun: Autoloader
    Rifle: Bolt action.
    Handgun: Wheelgun

Leave a comment:

• ITHACASXS
    replied
    Shotguns: auto for deer,side-by and over/under for almost everything else.

Leave a comment:

• country road
    replied
    Shotgun: A stack-barrel single selective trigger, automatic ejectors.
    Rifle: Bolt action.
    Handgun: Revolver, although I have several semi-autos.

Leave a comment:

• canvasbackhunter
    replied
    For shotguns, I am a pump guy. Rifles, i like the cowboys feeling of an old lever, but i like the accuracy of bolts. Handguns, I like revolvers, and colt 1911. Like montana though, i will shoot any gun.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Pump action shotguns and .22LR rifles, bolt action big game and varmint rifles, revolvers for handguns.
    No semi-autos in the field, but they are okay for some handguns like the Colt 1911, Browning Hi-power, Walther PPK and Colt Woodsman.

Leave a comment:

• Ga hunter
    replied
    I use just about all actions of guns, so I guess it depends more on the quality of the gun.

Leave a comment:

• Montana
    replied
    I prefer a bolt action rifle, single action semi auto pistols, break action shotguns, and single action revolvers. Does that mean that is all I am willing to shoot? Negative, just what I prefer.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I like the one I have in my hand when needed.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    I like the Actions on my Win-M/70 Bolt and Win-M/100 Auto Rifles, Browning-M/2000~12Ga Auto,Ithaca-M/37~12Ga Pump..S&W-6906~9mm,Colt/G.I.~45Acp,Ruger Blackhawk Flat-top 41Mag.

Leave a comment:

• Safado
    replied
    Shotguns and handguns I prefer autoloaders but I have a pump shotgun and for rifles I prefer bolt actions although I have a pump action too.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Correction: i do use a pump, so i use them all.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad