Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I watched the news this morning out of Baltimore, MD where a Park elem. school in Anne Arundel county suspended 7 year old boy f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched the news this morning out of Baltimore, MD where a Park elem. school in Anne Arundel county suspended 7 year old boy f

I watched the news this morning out of Baltimore, MD where a Park elem. school in Anne Arundel county suspended 7 year old boy for fashioning a gun out of a pop tart. A teacher saw the boy and sent him to the office.Governor O'Malley do I need to lock up my pop tarts,will pop tarts now only be available in single serve packaging,will there be back ground checks and will we have pop tart training available in schools now? What next? What caliber is a pop tart?

That is very stupid let the kid have some fun you are ruining his imagination

Comment

Unbelievable! You can use your thumb and finger and make an imaginary gun. Is that also grounds for suspension?

Comment

We absolutely need to ban Pop Tarts. Not only can they be fashioned to represent a terribly lethal gun but they contribute to obesity which kills more Americans every year than all the guns in the history of the country. Nobody seems too concerned about Pop Tarts but if they were banned, thousands of children will be saved.

Comment

Blaming the governor for that is about as stupid as the actions of the school administrators. C'mon, man! We all know that teachers who can't teach become school administrators. Oh, and adding an education MA or PhD behind their name doesn't make any difference either. Those diplomas come right out of the Crackerjacks box.

I'm sure they'll only ban the blueberry Poptarts. That flavor is the only dangerous one with barrel blueing in the ingredients. The kids parents are the ones who should go to jail ... for sending the kid to school with that poisonous crap in his lunch bag in the first place.

Comment

Give them a little time, DakotaMan. Any day now a Maryland Democrat Legislator will sponsor a bill to ban Pop Tarts for impersonating a gun. The politicians don't give a damn about obesity.

Comment

Really, I think that kid deserves some recognition for his artistic and/or engineering abilities. Every poptart I have handled (of course I have NEVER eaten one!) has crumbled in my mitts. Hardly modeling putty. I wonder how he did it? Clever little stinker like that shouldn't be kicked out of school ... he should be teaching there!

Comment

Anyone who is familiar with MD and O'Malley wouldn't be surprised by this. Within days of each other he passed his fingerprint for handgun purchase, "assault rifle"/HC magazine ban and then proposed repealing the death penalty. So by his logic, we're the one's who need regulated while those convicted in court of hienous crimes are cut a break.

Comment

Q...Do Pop Tarts come-in Hi-Capacity Packaging????
                  Will there be a ban on Hi-Capacity Pop Tarts???

Stupid is as Stupid Dose!!! ya just can't fix stupid.

Comment

These are the people that the shooting and sporting community has to compromise with. We must find a way to make the "pop tart shaped like guns scare me" crowd allow us to hunt and fish and shoot. If we ban black guns with 30 rd mags than pop tarts can remain legal, as long as they aren't brought into schools. These are the people you want to compromise with Honkster. I don't think that it is possible to make any agreements with people who see the world in such a different way.

Comment

Gary Devine, a boy acually was suspended for using is thumb and finger as an imaginary gun.

Comment

I infer the student did not have a license to carry a concealed pop tart. This situation may have been further complicated if he attempted to file the serial number off the pop tart. We live in interesting times, and we're witnessing some ridiculous responses and decisions.

Comment

Reminds me of the kid who got suspended for bringing his turkey foot for show and tell. Apparently the spir was considered a weapon.

Comment

Unfortunately, I think the anology to football coaches is valid here. Just like a coach doesn't coach to win, but rather to not lose his job, educators don't always act with education in mind or common sense or even the child's well-being, but rather, "Will I get in trouble or fired for NOT doing something?"

Comment

Good point WVOtter. As usual, Labster's comments are pointless.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad