Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What gun has the most recoil? I'm talking shoulder-bruising, out-of-the-socket kickback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ishawooa
    replied
    I have looked at a friend's .50 Barrett and wondered how it would handle without that gigantic muzzle brake. In spite of its weight no doubt it would leave an impression in more ways than one.

Leave a comment:

• buck hunter 17
    replied
    i would have to say a bufflow gun i shot back in the day. i dont think that they make them any more.

Leave a comment:

• hunt_fish_sleep
    replied
    Had a survival .410 that weighed shy of 2 pounds. With 3" shells and a steel butt plate that was about 1/2" wide, it was painful.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    Ha Ha Del, Good one I thought the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    huntingbioch, is that you or Raquel in your pic

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    There is actual recoil and felt recoil. The difference being in the stock and weight of the gun. The worst I have ever been kicked was by a Browning BPS 10 guage with a poorly designed tupperware stock. Ammo was 2 1/4 oz turkey load. It gave me a sore jaw and badly bruised shoulder with one shot.

Leave a comment:

• kyle
    replied
    How much is it? I'm looking for a good squrill gun!!

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    I've been knocked out by a hot 3.5 inch 10 gauge when I wasn't shouldering it right. Doesn't look as bad as the TRex though.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    We use to pass the gun around and dare each other to pull the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    I'm not sure. I'll go back to the day when I was a skinny 10 year old shooting a model 37 single shot. Felt like getting hit by a train.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    A 3.5 inch turkey magnum out of a light pump is about as bad as a .458 Win, but not the most punishing. The .458 Lott is a big step up and is definitely nastier. Not sure how they compare to my old (stupid) habit of 3.5's out of a 5.5 pound single shot, lighter than any other shotgun capable of chambering and firing 3.5s. I wouldn't know, I've never fired a Lott. I'm a little chicken about them.

How are they, men of experience? Should I try one?

Leave a comment:

• matouse3
    replied
    A 3.5inch turkey load out of a Remington 870 would be toward the top of my list.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    Gotta give the guy in the dress lots of credit for shooting it as many times as he did.

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    replied
    O M G I believe we have a winner! I've shot .50BMG, and a Israili(?) .51 sniper rifle and neither one did THAT !!!.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Beekeeper,

My secretary was looking over my shoulder just as the guy in a white shirt was about to touch that monster off from the bench. I commented he was about to to murder his middle finger behind the trigger guard. As he was shaking his hand in agony after the shot, she asked how I knew that was going to happen. I replied, unfortunately, I have been there.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad