Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What gun has the most recoil? I'm talking shoulder-bruising, out-of-the-socket kickback.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gun has the most recoil? I'm talking shoulder-bruising, out-of-the-socket kickback.

What gun has the most recoil? I'm talking shoulder-bruising, out-of-the-socket kickback.

Got to be Art Alpin's A-Square .577 Tyranosaur. Take a look at the link below for proof....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVqT3XEzss

Comment

I'd say somthing in the .500 nitro/above range, would do that trick. Say is that Mrs. Welch(5,000,000 B.C) as your post pic?

Comment

Anyone ever hear of a punt gun. Not meant to be shouldered, but would meet the requirements of this question.

Comment

2oz turkey loads in a light 12 gauge pump are worse than anything else I've ever shot, and that includes .458 Win Mag.

Comment

The 4 gauge Shotgun come to mind.

I’ve shot a many magnums including the 460 Weatherby off the bench, but the cartridge that punishes most is the 12 gauge 3 ½ inch!

Comment

Heard/Seen a "Punt-Gun" it weighed about 30lbs. though.

Comment

Beekeeper.

The 577 Tyranosaurus video is hilarious. I once asked Art how many of those he had sold. He just looked at me and smiled. I have used his 460 Short A Square, and still own it. It is a super accutate rifle for a big bore.

Comment

Happy,

I suspect the video clip does little to boost the sales appeal. I guess a fair assessment is that it is a chambering that hits hard on both ends!

Cheers!

Comment

Beekeeper,

My secretary was looking over my shoulder just as the guy in a white shirt was about to touch that monster off from the bench. I commented he was about to to murder his middle finger behind the trigger guard. As he was shaking his hand in agony after the shot, she asked how I knew that was going to happen. I replied, unfortunately, I have been there.

Comment

O M G I believe we have a winner! I've shot .50BMG, and a Israili(?) .51 sniper rifle and neither one did THAT !!!.

Comment

Gotta give the guy in the dress lots of credit for shooting it as many times as he did.

Comment

A 3.5inch turkey load out of a Remington 870 would be toward the top of my list.

Comment

A 3.5 inch turkey magnum out of a light pump is about as bad as a .458 Win, but not the most punishing. The .458 Lott is a big step up and is definitely nastier. Not sure how they compare to my old (stupid) habit of 3.5's out of a 5.5 pound single shot, lighter than any other shotgun capable of chambering and firing 3.5s. I wouldn't know, I've never fired a Lott. I'm a little chicken about them.

How are they, men of experience? Should I try one?

Comment

I'm not sure. I'll go back to the day when I was a skinny 10 year old shooting a model 37 single shot. Felt like getting hit by a train.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad