Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a good question, what is the worst firearm malfunction you have ever had?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a good question, what is the worst firearm malfunction you have ever had?

Here's a good question, what is the worst firearm malfunction you have ever had?

Surprisingly, I have never had a malfunction.

Comment

I once bought some reloaded .38 Specials in a small country gun shop that was offering bargain-priced reloads. It turned out to be a false economy.
      I took the ammo to the range with my S&W Model 19
      Combat Magnum and on the third shot, I got what I think was a double charge, as it belled the forcing cone on my revolver.
      I returned to the shop and got a refund from the shopkeeper, who expressed surprise because he said the loads he sold me were mild. It cost $90 for a new barrel at the S&W factory. I believe the shopkeeper's teen-aged daughter did the reloading in the back room.
      I think I was lucky to be firing the ammo in a .357 Magnum revolver, and not my little "J" frame snubby.

Comment

BTW, every stoppage in a semi-automatic firearm is a malfunction, and the worst kind would be one that ties up the gun and cannot be cleared without the services of a gunsmith.

Comment

The worst malfunction I have had was a stove pipe in an AR-15. The fired case was stuck in the chamber and I broke one brass cleaning rod trying to get it out. I had to use a steel rod to finally knock it loose. This was the worst because if it had been in a dire situation the gun was left completely worthless for a couple days.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad