Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since we have ventured into the land of opinions. How about something a little more benign. In your eyes what is the most visual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safado
    replied
    The most beautiful pistol I have ever seen in my opinion is the Colt Python, however I do not own one. I have a Walther P5 Compact that I think is truly beautiful with aftermarket wood grips. I think my Mannlicher Schoenauer in 30-06 is a lovely rifle with great lines and proportions but I am partial to the Weatherby Mark V with deluxe wood. I have two.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    The Springfield 30-06 my dad fixed up for me is still the prettiest gun in the world in my sight. And at one time it was truly beautiful. I hunted hard with it for nearly forty years so it shows a lot of marks today that make it even more beautiful I think than the day he presented it to me. And he would most heartily agree. Dad was proud of the work he did fixing up that gun and he also admired the work I did with it. He happily lived vicariously through my many adventures. Incidentally, I related in another thread a page or so back how my horse destroyed the stock on that gun. I made a point of getting dad's assistance to replace it. One of the last projects of any sort that we worked on together. We picked out a beautifully figured semi-inletted walnut stock from some stuff Les Bauska had in his Kalispell shop and then Dad showed me how to fit and bed the action. I have a grandson on the way in June and I sure hope he takes an interest in using that gun. He's kinda my last hope for anyone in the extended family. Hopefully I'll live long enough to inspire some interest in him. Anyway, I still admire that gun every time I pull it from the similarly well-worn latigo leather saddle scabbard that I laced together for it by hand in 1976.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Sarge01,

I have a nickel plated Model 19 that was a duty gun that probably has 5,000 rounds through it, mostly range fodder. It's twin also resides in the safe and has hardly been fired and nary a magnum load through it. A Model 28 Highway Patrolman and a Model 57 keep them company.

Leave a comment:

• Ga hunter
    replied
    Hmmm Shotgun: there are too many good looking shotguns! I love the Beretta Xtreme a400 in camo, but I also love the classic model 1100! Rifles: The Remington 700 cdl is one good looking rifle. Pistols: hands down the 1911.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Although I agree with Sarge about the S&W Model 19, and have owned three of them at different times over the years, I've always felt that Colt revolvers had a more ergonomic grip than the S&W's.
    The oval cross-section of Colt revolver grips seem to me to provide a more uniform gripping surface and a more natural shape for the human hand than the rectangular cross-section of the S&W grips. JMO.
    I find the old Colt Official Police to have a most pleasing "eye candy" effect. Too many old Bogart movies, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Ol Krusty
    replied
    I love the classic rifles with a Mannlicher stock in AA, or AAA walnut. As for the action, I think I would prefer an old school Mauser 98 or Win 70.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    For a wheel gun you can't beat the grace and feel of a S&W Model 19 Combat Magnum. I was fortunate to carry one on duty for my first duty handgun 43 years ago and it is in my gunsafe today.

Leave a comment:

• RJ Arena
    replied
    Without question lever actions are the most beautiful,but then I am overly partial to them!

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Model 70 winchester featherweight 80's 90's with the schnabel forend or 16 gauge 0 frame LC Smith

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    I have to agree with Sarge01 on the Sako 85. I also like the looks of the Ruger #1 and the Winchester Mod70.
    I know diddly about shotguns but I think the Browning Citori is a nice looking gun.
    I like the 1911 for its pure intimidation factor. No doubt as to its use or intent.
    For much of my hunting career I just didn't think much about the aesthetics of my guns. As I learn more, or maybe its getting older, I find myself looking at firearms with with a more critical eye. I think as I look at future purchases the aesthetics are going to carry more weight.

Leave a comment:

• Hoski
    replied
    Colt single action army
    Browning A-5
    Winchester M-70

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    I have a hand carved flintlock Pennsylvania/Kentucky long rifle in the traditional curly maple. And it is functional fits my shoulder like a glove and is beautiful as a pretty girl on a desert island in the south pacific.

Leave a comment:

• labrador12
    replied
    I love the 20 ga Model 12, which I don't own. My 16 is quite nice but not as petite. The Model 12, which fired as long as you held the trigger down and pumped, was the bridge between the deadly beautifully functual, and the politically correct. The sizing of the receivers to the gauges was perfect, in my humble opinion. The only other gun that I don't own that I have always admired is the Browning A-22. What a sweet piece.

Leave a comment:

• ITHACASXS
    replied
    My humble opinion: Rifle- Westley-Richards Double rifle, Shotgun- The L.C. Smith 20 gauge I let slip through my hands never to see again. Pistol- Colt 1911. The shotgun opinion can and will change as my mind wanders. Also, if I was the rifleman that many of you fine men are, my rifle choice would be less romantic. The pistol choice is engraved in my heart.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    The Weatherby Mark V Deluxe with a moderate sized scope with a matching finish is the best looking rifle to me. All my Mark Vs wear composite stocks unfortunately. The older Sako 75 deluxe rifles are pretty spiffy, as well. My favorite handguns are the clean lines of a Browning Hi-Power for pistols and a S&W K-frame Model 19 Combat Magnum for a wheelgun. There are so many great looking O/U's that I can't even venture a guess. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Putin Joke
    by rock rat
    I'll sneak in a Trump joke.
    ​​​​​​

What is the main difference between a chickpea and a kidney bean?
    Donald Trump has never paid...
    Today, 07:11 PM
  • Putin Joke
    by rock rat
    Putin joke
    Putin dies and goes to hell, but after a while, he is given a day off for good behavior.

So he goes to Moscow, enters a...
    05-08-2022, 04:45 PM
  • Reply to Putin Joke
    by rock rat
    Viktor Orban, Marine Le Pen, Paul Manafort and Donald Trump all go out to a bar. Who picks up the tab?
    Vladimir Putin.
    Today, 07:09 PM
  • Reply to Putin Joke
    by rock rat
    What will Vladimir Putin be remembered for?
    Turning the world’s second most powerful military into the second most powerful military in Ukrai...
    Today, 07:07 PM
  • Reply to Wolves and Mountain Lions
    by bowhunter75richard
    If our bandicoot thinks there are enough wolves to put a dent in the feral pig population, it is impossible to think that thought could enter the brain...
    Today, 05:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X